You are here: Home >> Current Affairs >> Current Affairs Quiz >> December 2015
1) Name the veteran leader of Communist Party of India (M) of eastern India who passed away recently?
A) A. Vijayaraghavan
B) A. Sampath
C) Hemant Waghere
D) Noorul Huda
2) Name the Hollywood film which has become Hollywood's biggest opener having collected $238 million in its opening weekend breaking previous record of Jurassic World ($208 million)?
A) Avengers: Age of Ultron
B) Furious 7
C) The Martian
D) Star Wars: the Force Awakens
3) Name the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) launched by ISRO which successfully put six satellites of Singapore into orbit recently?
4) Name the legendary Bollywood actor who has been conferred with the prestigious Padma Vibhushan, India's second highest civilian award?
A) Om puri
B) Shashi Kapoor
C) Amitabh Bachchan
D) Dilip Kumar
5) Who was appointed as the head of the single member committee to look into the KG-Basin gas dispute between Reliance Industries and ONGC?
A) A P Shah
B) Arvind Panagariya
C) Bibek Debroy
D) Ramesh Chand
6) Name the Jamaican sprint star, a 11-time world champion and 6-time Olympic medalist, who has been voted the Best Male Athlete of 2015 by the International Sports Press Association (AIPS)?
A) Justin Gatlin
B) Usain Bolt
C) Ben Johnson
D) Kirani James
7) International Anti-Corruption Day was observed across the world on?
A) 1st December
B) 9th December
C) 16th December
D) 25th December
8) Name the two new teams of Indian Premier League (IPL) which replaced the suspended Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) for the next season of IPL which will be held from April 9 to May 29 2016?
A) Pune and Uttar Pradesh
B) Raipur and Rajkot
C) Pune and Rajkot
D) Patna and Bhopal
9) Which bank holds world's largest assets at 2.95 trillion dollar?
A) China Construction Bank Corporation
B) Agricultural Bank of China Limited
C) Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
D) BNP Paribas SA
10) Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) issued notification to fill non-technical graduate posts for different zonal railways and production units in India Railways. Interested candidates can submit their application online. How many job vacancies will be on offer?
11) Who was appointed as the CEO of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) recently replacing Yudhvir Singh Malik?
A) Pawan Kumar Agarwal
B) Sudhir Pandey
C) Arvind Sharma
D) Harsh Neogi
12) To respect the constitutional autonomy, the high court of which state has directed the government to hoist the state's flag on all official building and cars?
A) West Bengal
B) Jammu and Kashmir
D) Tamil Nadu
13) Name the Senior Janata Dal (United) leader and five-time MLA who was unanimously elected new Speaker of the Bihar State Legislative Assembly?
A) Vijay Kumar Chaudhary
B) Sharad Yadav
C) Bhisma Sahni
D) Anirudh Yadav
14) Name the 53-year old British man who has become the first man in the world to row across the Pacific Ocean from North America to Australia non-stop and solo?
A) John Beeden
B) Stephen Colbert
C) Francis Drake
D) Bernard Moitessier
15) According to the Global Financial Integrity's (GFI's) Illicit Financial Flows from Developing Countries: 2004-2013 Report, what is the rank of India ($51 billion per annum outflow) in black money outflows among the developing and emerging economies?
16) In which state complainants can register first information report (FIR) online from January 1, 2016 and get confirmation for the FIRs on WhatsApp as well as on SMS?
B) West Bengal
D) Tamil Nadu
17) Juvenile Justice Bill was passed in Rajya Sabha. This bill reduced the age of juveniles from 18 to?
18) The International Monetary Fund (IMF) approved Yuan for inclusion in its elite basket of reserve currencies. Yuan is the currency of which country?
A) South Korea
19) Name the world number one women shuttler from Spain who has won the 2015 Female Badminton Player of the Year award?
A) Li Xuerui
B) Sung Ji Hyun
C) Carolina Marin
D) Christinna Pedersen
20) Name the pilot and actor who won the gold medal in the 'physique fitness' category at the seventh WBPF World Bodybuilding and Physique Championships in Bangkok?
A) Vikram Singh
B) Gaurav Negi
C) Bijendra Prasad Yadav
D) Thakur Anoop Singh
21) Name the first-ever vaccine against dengue fever which has been manufactured by French company Sanofi and has been cleared for use in Mexico?
22) Who was awarded ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year 2015?
A) M S Dhoni
B) AB de Villiers
C) Hashim Amla
D) Shane Watson
23) Name the telecom operator who was asked by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to temporarily stop Facebook's Free Basic service formerly known as internet.org?
B) Bharti Airtel
D) Idea Cellular
24) Which country recently lifted a 32-year ban on blood donations by gay and bisexual men?
25) Name the Hyderabad-based company which became the first company in the country to get approval from Drug Controller General of India (DGCI) to launch hepatitis C medicines?
A) Jubilant Life
B) Nectar Life
C) Hetero Drugs
D) Aarti Drugs
26) International Day of Persons with Disabilities with the theme - Inclusion matters: access and empowerment for people of all abilities, was observed on?
A) 3rd December 2015
B) 13th December 2015
C) 20th December 2015
D) 30th December 2015
27) By what percentage the Federal Reserve of United States (US) increased the interest rate for the first time since 2006?
28) Name the biggest Tibetan Buddhist Festival which began on 12 December 2015 in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir?
29) Based on which method the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the final guidelines on computing interest rates on advances?
A) Base Rate Methodology
B) The Marginal Cost of Funds Methodology
C) Asset Liability Management Methodology
D) Benchmark Prime Lending Rate Methodology
30) Which telecom operator has launched India's first unrestricted validity data plans for prepaid mobile customers in Delhi and Mumbai circles recently?
C) Bharti Airtel
D) Idea Cellular
31) Name the speaker of the Legislative Assembly of Arunachal Pradesh against whom an impeachment resolution was passed recently?
A) Jambey Tashi
B) Nabam Tuki
C) Nabam Rebia
D) Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa
32) Name the 7-year old Manipuri boy who set world record for the longest Limbo skating under horizontal bars by covering 116 meters bettering previous record of 72 meter?
A) Laishram Bhagat
B) Pk Angomcha
C) Sanjoy Kharibam
D) Tiluck Keisam
33) Which state has become country's first state to allow the members of state legislature to raise online questions in an effort to move towards complete digitization of the process?
B) West Bengal
D) Andhra Pradesh
34) Name the former Indian wicket-keeper batsman and Padma Shri awardee who was awarded lifetime achievement award by BCCI?
A) Syed Kirmani
B) Farokh Engineer
C) Kiran More
D) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
35) Name India's first indigenously designed and built warship which was decommissioned recently in Mumbai after thirty-two years of service?
A) INS Sindhuraj
B) INS Godavari
C) INS Vikramaditya
D) INS Shivalik
36) How much loan was approved by the World Bank to India for its ambitious 'Clean India' campaign to support the government's efforts to ensure all citizens in rural areas have access to improved sanitation and end the practice of open defecation by 2019?
A) USD 1.0 billion
B) USD 1.5 billion
C) USD 2.0 billion
D) USD 2.5 billion
37) Which country formally joined as the ninth member of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)?
A) New Zealand
38) Which bank became the first in country to allows users to book online rail tickets on its website in association with the Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC)?
39) Name the company which has become the first oil company from India to join the global initiative that is aimed at curbing routine gas flaring at oil production sites around the world by 2030?
A) Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
B) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
C) Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL)
D) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
40) From which date there would be no interviews in any recruitment for junior level posts in the Government of India and its Public Sector Undertakings?
A) January 1, 2016
B) January 26, 2016
C) March 31, 2016
D) April 1, 2016
41) Name the country which has launched its first high orbit high-definition (HD) optical imaging satellite called Gaofen-4?
42) Name the Supreme Court judge who sworn in as 43rd Chief Justice of India?
A) H L Dattu
B) T S Thakur
C) Anil R. Dave
D) Jagdish Singh Khehar
43) According to the All India Higher Education Survey 2014-15 conducted by the Ministry of Human Resources Development what percent of the total students in higher education are PhD scholars?
44) Name the leading payment and e-commerce shopping website which will offer services to make online payments for the food ordered through e-catering with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)?
45) The Union Cabinet approved the setting up of six new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). These six IITs will be set up at?
A) Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Goa, Punjab, Kerala and Karnataka
B) Andhra Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Rajasthan, Jammu, Assam and Karnataka
C) Andhra Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Goa, Jammu, Kerala and Karnataka
D) Madhya Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Goa, Jammu, Kerala and Tamil Nadu
46) Name the French President who will be the Chief Guest at the Republic Day celebrations on 26th January 2016?
A) Jean-Marc Ayrault
B) Manuel Walls
C) Nicolas Sarkozy
D) Francois Hollande
47) Name the veteran Bollywood actress who passed away at the age of 74 recently?
C) Mala Sinha
48) Under which Act, Delhi Assembly passed the Jan Lokpal Bill 2015, to establish an independent authority to investigate offences?
A) Prevention of Corruption Act 1987
B) Prevention of Corruption Act 1988
C) Prevention of Corruption Act 1989
D) Prevention of Corruption Act 1990
49) How many bills were passed in the Winter Session of Lok Sabha?
50) Who was awarded Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year 2015?
A) Steven Smith
B) AB de Villiers
C) Brendon McCullum
D) Virat Kohli
51) Who was awarded Women's World Champion 2015 by International Tennis Federation (ITF)?
A) Maria Sharapova
B) Venus Williams
C) Martina Hingis
D) Serena Williams
52) Which Railway Zone has introduced Bio-diesel for train operations?
A) South Eastern Railways
B) Central Railways
C) North Eastern Railways
D) South Western Railways
53) Name the German Chancellor who was named as Person of the Year 2015 by Time Magazine?
A) Barack Obama
B) Manuel Valls
C) Matteo Renzi
D) Angela Merkel
54) Name the states in which the Election Commission of India (ECI) will hold Assembly elections in April-May 2016?
A) West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Assam
B) West Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Assam
C) West Bengal, Goa, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Assam
55) Name the renowned Sarangi maestro who passed away recently at the age of 88?
A) Gopal Misra
B) Ustad Sabri Khan
C) Pandit Ram Narayan
D) Ahmed Khan
56) With which company Reliance Communications (RCom) is in talks for merger, the combined entity of which will make RCom India's second-largest mobile phone operator by subscriber base overtaking Vodafone?
A) Bharti Airtel
C) Idea Cellular
D) Tata Indicom
57) Name the city for which the Union Cabinet approved the construction of metro rail project (Phase 1-A) covering a length of 22 km at the cost of Rs 6,298 crore recently?
58) Indian Railways will hike Tatkal fare for sleeper class by Rs 25, for AC III tier by Rs 50 and AC II tier by Rs 100. This fare will be effective from?
A) December 25
B) December 31
C) January 1
D) January 26
59) Name the surface-to-air missile jointly developed by India and Israel which was successfully test fired from INS Kolkata by Indian Navy recently?
60) Which country's membership terms to join the World Trade Organisation (WTO) as 163rd member was approved at the WTO's Tenth Ministerial Conference (MC10) recently?
61) World AIDS Day was observed on?
A) 1st December 2015
B) 8th December 2015
C) 15th December 2015
D) 23rd December 2015
62) According to the recent announcement by the Union Government, consumers under the tax-paying bracket of annual income over which amount will not get cooking gas (LPG) subsidy from next month?
A) Rs 5.00 lakh
B) Rs 7.50 lakh
C) Rs 10.00 lakh
D) Rs 12.50 lakh
63) Which West-African country has been declared Ebola-free by the WHO recently?
B) Sierra Leone
64) Which State Government ambitious "Clean UP, Green UP" initiative has earned itself a place in the Guinness Book of World Records recently?
A) New Delhi
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
65) Which country became the first team in the cricket history to score 1000 individual centuries across all three formats of International cricket?
B) South Africa
66) International Day for the Abolition of Slavery was observed on?
A) 2nd December 2015
B) 12th December 2015
C) 22nd December 2015
D) 31st December 2015
67) Vijay Diwas was observed across the country to commemorate India's victory in 1971 war on?
A) 6th December
B) 16th December
C) 20th December
D) 22nd December
68) Name the FIFA Chief who was banned from all football-related activities for 8 years?
A) Sepp Blatter
B) Michel Platini
C) Domenico Scala
D) Thomas Bach
69) Name the bollywood actor who has been signed up as the brand ambassador of Reliance Industries telecom subsidiary Reliance Jio?
A) Akshay Kumar
B) Salman Khan
C) Aamir Khan
D) Shahrukh Khan
70) Who was awarded ICC Test Cricketer of the Year 2015?
A) AB de Villiers
B) Rohit Sharma
C) Steven Smith
D) Kumar Sangakkara
71) Name the company which was honored with the prestigious 'Forbes Top 100 Middle East - Global Meets Local 2015' Award?
A) Tata Consultancy Services
B) Tech Mahindra
D) HCL Technologies
72) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the deadline for exchanging pre-2005 currency notes of various denominations, including Rs 500 and Rs 1,000, by another six months to?
A) January 26, 2016
B) March 31, 2016
C) April 1, 2016
D) June 30, 2016
73) Which country has alloted land to India to build its first naval base in the Indian Ocean region?
74) Which country has announced to use Chinese currency Yuan as its legal currency along with the US Dollar and South Africa Rand after China cancelled debts worth $40 million?
75) Name the two Indian cities which for the first time have been designated as members of UNESCO's Creative Cities Network (UCCN)?
A) Kolkata and Varanasi
B) Jaipur and Kolkata
C) Varanasi and Jaipur
D) Pune and Ajmer
76) Name the telecom operator which became the third telecommunication operator after Bharti Airtel and Vodafone to launch the high speed 4th Generation (4G) mobile services in India?
D) Idea Cellular
77) Name the BJP MP who was suspended by the BJP for allegedly attacking Finance Minister Arun Jaitley for corruption in DDCA during his tenure as its chief?
A) Shatrughan Sinha
B) Kirti Azad
C) Uma Bharti
D) Yogi Adityanath
78) Who was awarded Men's World Champion 2015 by International Tennis Federation (ITF)?
A) Roger Federer
B) Rafael Nadal
C) Novak Djokovic
D) Andy Murray
79) Name India's young cycling sensation from Andaman who has become the first female cyclist from the country to ranked fourth in the World Elite Women Ranking for the 500m time trial event?
A) Deborah Herold
B) Mahitha Mohan
C) Manorama Devi
D) Sunita Devi
80) 5th "Heart of Asia" conference began at?
D) Sri Lanka
81) Which Hollywood film was the most pirated film of 2015 with over 46 million illegal downloads?
B) Jurassic World
C) Furious 7
D) The Martian
82) The Union Government set up a National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) with equal contribution from the Unon Budget and private investors. What is the corpus of this fund?
A) Rs 10,000 crore
B) Rs 20,000 crore
C) Rs 40,000 crore
D) Rs 60,000 crore
83) Name the Olympic silver medallist who won gold in 25-metre centre fire pistol in the 59th National shooting championship?
A) Vijay Kumar
B) Jaspal Rana
C) Abhinav Bindra
D) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
84) Which country has recently send its first consignment of Uranium to India after 41 years?
85) Which bank announced to mobilize 5 billion US dollars from 2015 to 2020 for climate action?
A) Union Bank of India
B) Yes Bank
C) UCO Bank
D) Federal Bank
86) The Winter Solstice which marks the shortest day of the year in Earth's northern hemisphere occurred on?
A) December 5
B) December 14
C) December 22
D) December 31
87) Who was appointed as the chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
A) K V Chowdary
B) R K Tiwari
C) Arun Kumar Jain
D) Anita Kapur