You are here: Home >> Current Affairs >> Current Affairs Quiz >> July 2015
1) Which American multinational technology firm is all set to boost Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Digital India plan by introducing its newly-developed White-Fi technology, which uses the unused spectrum in frequencies utilised for broadcasting of television signals
A) Microsoft Corporation
2) Kagiso Rabada became only the second bowler to claim a hat-trick on his one-day international cricket debut. He belongs to which country?
C) South Africa
3) Which bank launched the first MUDRA card based on the RuPay platform under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY)?
A) Corporation Bank
B) Vijaya Bank
C) Federal Bank
D) Bandhan Bank
4) Which Japanese firm is set to acquire the 'Financial Times' from Britain's Pearson Group for $1.3 billion?
5) Who won the women's singles Wimbledon Championship 2015 defeating Garbine Muguruza in the final?
A) Serena Williams
B) Venus Williams
C) Maria Sharapova
D) Elena Vesnina
6) What is the rank of India in terms of power generation from nuclear source as per data published in May 2015 by Power Reactor Information System (PRIS) of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)?
7) Who was appointed as the Chairman of Food Safety Regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) for a period of three years?
A) K L Sharma
B) Utpal Kumar Singh
C) Ashish Bahuguna
D) Asit Triphathy
8) Assembly of which Indian State passed the Guarantee of Public Services Bill, 2015?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
9) Name the mutual fund company whose certification of registration was cancelled by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)?
A) SBI Mutual Fund
B) Reliance Mutual Fund
C) DSP Black Rock
D) Sahara Mutual Fund
10) Name the Information Technology (IT) Secretary who was appointed chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) recently?
A) S S Sodhi
B) Ram Sevak Sharma
C) Pradip Baijal
D) M S Verma
11) Which city became first to send its nomination to the Centre for the 'Smart City Mission' launched by PM Narendra Modi?
12) According to a study conducted by Everything About Water (EA Water) India's demand for water is expected to exceed all current sources of supply and the country is set to become water scarce country by ______?
13) World Day Against Trafficking in Persons was observed across the world on?
A) 4th July 2015
B) 11th July 2015
C) 23rd July 2015
D) 30th July 2015
14) Which country will host the BRICS summit in 2016?
A) South Africa
15) Microsoft launched new operating system in 190 countries, what is the name this operating system?
A) Windows 8
B) Windows 9
C) Windows 10
D) Windows 11
16) Name the indigenously built Torpedo Launch and Recovery Vessel (TLRV) which was decommissioned after almost 31 years in service?
A) INS Tarangini
B) INS Astradharani
C) INS Kozhikode
D) INS Astravahini
17) In which city of Bihar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana recently?
18) India's 1st railway line built under Public–Private Partnerships (PPP) model was inaugurated on 14th July 2015 in the State of?
D) New Delhi
19) 16th Anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas observed across the country on?
A) 14 July 2015
B) 19 July 2015
C) 26 July 2015
D) 30 July 2015
20) Who won the men's singles Wimbledon Championship 2015 defeating Roger Federer in the final?
A) Stanles Wawrincka
B) Andy Murray
C) Rafael Nadal
D) Novak Djokovic
21) International Tiger Day was observed across the world on?
A) 5th July 2015
B) 16th July 2015
C) 22nd July 2015
D) 29th July 2015
22) For which state the Union Home Ministry extended the 'disturbed area' status for one more year?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
23) Name the cyclonic storm which formed deep depression over north-east Bay of Bengal recently and the MeT department made forecast of heavy to very heavy rains in Gangetic West Bengal and Odisha?
24) Coins of which denomination will be issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to commemorate International Day of Yoga?
A) 5 rupees coins
B) 10 rupees coins
C) 50 rupees coins
D) 100 rupees coins
25) Name the new system launched by the Income Tax Department which would completely eliminate the need of sending the paper acknowledgement, called ITR-V, through post to IT Department?
A) Miss Call based e-filing verification system
B) OTP based e-filing verification system
C) Call e-filing verification system
D) SMA e-filing verification system
26) Name the scheme recently launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to create skilled manpower at grass-root level by providing them vocational, technical and skill development education?
A) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
B) Make in India
C) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
D) Skill India
27) Which country defeated Japan to win Women's FIFA World Cup 2015 for the third time?
D) South Korea
28) The initiative - Dus Kadam: 10 Steps for the Future, was put forwarded by the PM Naraendra Modi at?
A) G-20 summit
B) BRICS summit
C) ASEAN summit
D) SAARC summit
29) The Reserve Bank has directed banks to ensure that their overall direct lending to farmers should not fall below the average of last _____________.
A) One year
B) Two year
C) Three year
D) Four year
30) Name the two IPL franchises which was suspended by the Lodha panel, which was appointed by the Supreme Court of India, for a period of two years in connection with the betting and spot-fixing scandals in the IPL?
A) Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Daredevils
B) Delhi Daredevils and Sunrise Hyderabad
C) Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals
D) Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals
31) What is the name of project taken up by the Directorate of Income Tax, India to track down tax evaders using data analytics software on transactions?
A) Project Insight
B) Project Tax
C) Save Tax
D) Project Tax Evader
32) A proposal to redevelop about 400 railways stations in metros and major cities besides pilgrim centres and tourist spots was cleared by the government recently. This project will be based on?
A) 'as is where is' model
B) 'public private partnership' model
C) 'redevelopment' model
D) 'make in india' model
33) With which bank of Sri Lanka, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) signed a Special Currency Swap Agreement under which the Sri Lankan Bank can draw up to US$ 1.1 billion for a maximum period of six months?
A) Central Bank of Sri Lanka
B) Reserve Bank of Sri Lanka
C) Union Bank of Sri Lanka
D) United Bank of Sri Lanka
34) Name the Team Sky cyclist of Britain who won the 102nd Tour de France?
A) Chris Froome
B) Vincenzo Nibali
C) Bradley Wiggins
D) Cadel Evans
35) Who was appointed as the Director-General (DG) of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)?
A) Pankaj Diwedi
B) Ajay Mathur
C) Mukesh Sharma
D) K Krishnan
36) National Broadcasting Day was observed across the country on?
A) 7th July
B) 16th July
C) 23rd July
D) 29th July
37) How many colleges across the India which are more than 100 years old was accorded Heritage status by the University Grants Commission (UGC)?
38) Which country recently banned animal sacrifice at the 100 year old Gadhimai festival?
D) Sri Lanka
39) Name the national governing body which was recently launched and which will sanction professional matches and award national and subordinate championship titles?
A) Indian Boxing Federation
B) Indian Boxing Board
C) Indian Boxing Commission
D) Indian Boxing Council
40) In a landmark ruling, the high court of which state has said that the sovereignty of the state remains "legally and constitutionally" intact and cannot be challenged, altered or abridged?
A) Delhi High Court
B) Kolkata High Court
C) Chennai High Court
D) Jammu and Kashmir High Court
41) In which state India's 1st Earthquake Warning System (EWS) was successfully installed?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
42) Which country was approved by the World Trade Organization's (WTO) General Council to join WTO as 162nd member?
43) Which country defeated Argentina to win Copa America Cup Football tournament 2015?
44) Union Cabinet recently approved setting up of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund. What will be the initial corpus of this fund?
A) 10000 crore rupees
B) 20000 crore rupees
C) 30000 crore rupees
D) 40000 crore rupees
45) Name the initiative launched by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development and Facebook to recognize 100 women achievers of India?
A) Women Power
B) 100 Women Achievers
C) #100Women - We Can
D) #100Women Initiative
46) Indian Scientists have found remnants of a historically important port on Zuari River which is expected to be amongst the oldest signs of human trade on the central west coast. Zuari River is located at which state?
B) Andhra Pradesh
47) Name the HIV researcher who passed away recently at the age of 76?
A) Dr Suniti Solomon
B) Dr T Ramasami
C) Dr Nasim Zaidi
D) Dr Albert Dsouza
48) Name the former President of India who passed away recently? (He was the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007.)
A) APJ Abdul Kalam
B) Pranab Mukherjee
C) Pratibha Patil
D) K R Narayanan
49) Name the first Tamil film to enter Venice film festival?
D) Baahubali: The Beginning
50) High Court of which state ruled that a woman having a child through surrogacy is entitled to maternity leave?
A) Delhi High Court
B) Kolkata High Court
C) Chennai High Court
D) Mumbai High Court
51) World Hepatitis Day was observed across the world with the theme 'Prevent hepatitis. Act now' on?
A) 1st July 2015
B) 7th July 2015
C) 18th July 2015
D) 29th July 2015
52) Conakry, the capital city of the Republic of Guinea which has been named as World Book Capital for year 2017 by?