You are here: Home >> Current Affairs >> Current Affairs Quiz >> October 2015
1) In a welcome move for future government job aspirants, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his radio programme 'Mann ki Baat' announced that from ............., there will be no requirement of interview for Group B, C and D posts in central government?
A) 31st December 2015
B) 1st January 2016
C) 26th January 2016
D) 1st April 2016
2) Antrix is the commercial arm of which organisation?
3) Who is the author of the book - Dreaming Big: My Journey to Connect India?
A) Sam Pitroda
B) M S Swaminathan
C) Nandan Nilekani
D) N R Narayana Murthy
4) Name the South African cricketer who created world record by scoring fastest 6000 runs (in 123rd innings of 126th match) in One Day Internationals (ODI) recently breaking Virat Kohli's record?
A) David Miller
B) J P Duminy
C) A B de Villiers
D) Hashim Amla
5) Name the renowned scientist who was appointed as the chairman of Atomic Energy Commission replacing RK Sinha?
A) R K Sinha
B) Srikumar Banerjee
C) Anil Kakodkar
D) Sekhar Basu
6) Robert Mugabe, the President of Zimbabwe was recently awared Confucius Peace Prize. Which country award this prize?
7) Justin Trudeau was elected as the prime minister of which country?
8) By which year India has pledged to reduce greenhouse gases (GHGs) emissions intensity of its GDP by 33-35 per cent compared to 2005 levels?
9) On the occasion of 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, National Unity Day was observed across India on?
A) 5th October 2015
B) 12th October 2015
C) 21st October 2015
D) 31st October 2015
10) Name India's first completely indigenous torpedo launch and recovery vessel (TRV) which has been commissioned into the Indian Navy in Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh?
A) INS Astradharani
B) INS Vikramaditya
C) INS Shivalik
D) INS Kamorta
11) Union Cabinet approved amendments to Payment of Bonus Act 1965 hiking bonus for Industrial workers. The bonus ceiling under the legislation was increased from Rs 3500 per month to Rs ........ per month?
A) Rs 4000
B) Rs 5000
C) Rs 6000
D) Rs 7000
12) Name the veteran music director who passed away recently at the age of 71? He had composed the music for blockbuster film like Ram Teri Ganga Maili, Chitchor, Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se, Geet Gaata Chal, Vivah, etc.)
A) Ravindra Jain
B) Aadesh Shrivastava
C) Anand Bakshi
D) Bappi Lahiri
13) Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders Prevention Day was observed across the world on?
A) 2nd October
B) 15th October
C) 21st October
D) 29th October
14) Name the young Indian gymnast from Agartala who made history by becoming the first ever Indian to qualify for the finals of World Gymnastics Championships?
A) Dipa Karmakar
B) Geeta Singh
C) Manjeet Kaur
D) Shikha Tandon
15) Name the authority which recently struck down the National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) and ordered revival of the SC-scripted two-decade-old 'judges-selecting-judges' collegium system?
A) Lok Sabha
B) Rajya Sabha
C) President of India
D) Supreme Court of India
16) In which country UEFA Euro 2016 World Cup will be held?
17) Which country is in top of 2015 Global Competitiveness Index of the world's most competitive economies prepared by World Economic Forum (WEF) for 7th year in a row?
18) Which country has recently scrapped its 35 year old One-Child policy, allowing all couples to have two children as an active response to an ageing population?
19) International Day for the Eradication of Poverty was observed across the world on?
A) 1st October
B) 7th October
C) 17th October
D) 20th October
20) What is the name of National Management Project assisted by World Bank and recently approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)?
21) Name the institution which has allowed Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to subscribe to the National Pension System (NPS) governed and administered by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)?
22) Name the renowned Kannada filmmaker, National Award winner and Padma Bhushan awardee, who died recently?
A) Shankar Nag
B) KSL Swamy
C) Prakash Raj
D) Baraguru Ramachandrappa
23) Which state proposed for Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) Action Plans for 2015-16 recently?
B) Andhra Pradesh
24) Name the new capital of Andhra Pradesh, foundation of which was laid by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi recently?
25) Name the operation launched by Delhi police to create awareness among children about abuse and molestation?
A) Operation Nirbhaya
B) Operation Nirbheek
C) Operation Satark
D) Operation Delhi
26) Which country signed nuclear deal with China recently under which a nuclear plant will be built at Hinkley Point at Somerset coast?
27) India Africa Forum Summit 2015 was held at?
A) New Delhi
28) According to the latest data from the Controller-General of Accounts (CGA), for the first time in 8 years, India's fiscal balance turned from deficit to surplus in the month of August. The fiscal deficit, the excess of the Centre's expenditure over its revenues, was Rs ........ ?
A) (-) Rs 14808 crore
B) (-) Rs 15808 crore
C) (-) Rs 16808 crore
D) (-) Rs 17808 crore
29) KP Sharma Oli was elected 38th Prime Minister of which country?
D) Sri Lanka
30) Which Indian Airport won the World Quality Commitment (WQC) award from Spain based Business Initiative Directions (BID)?
A) Mangaluru International Airport
B) Indira Gandhi International Airport
C) Hyderabad Airport
D) Chennai International Airport
31) From which date sectoral regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) made it mandatory for telecom operators to compensate consumers by one rupee for call drops?
A) 1st January 2016
B) 26th January 2016
C) 1st April 2016
D) 1st July 2016
32) According to the United States Think Tank Report which country will become the fifth largest nuclear power by 2025?
33) Which state recently launched Annapurna Bhandar Yojna for providing multi-brand products of daily consumption at fair price shops (FPS) in the state?
D) Uttar Pradesh
34) Name the Indian Railway scheme under which waitlisted passengers can get confirmed accommodation in next alternative train if they opt for the option while booking their tickets online?
C) Confirmed Ticket Scheme
35) Who was appointed as the 29th President of Board Of Control For Cricket In India (BCCI)?
A) Jagmohan Dalmiya
B) Shashank Manohar
C) Rajiv Shukla
D) N Srinivasan
36) Name the retired Delhi High Court judge who has been appointed as the Lokayukta of Delhi?
A) Reva Khetrapal
B) Anil R Dave
C) Dipak Misra
D) Adarsh Kumar Goel
37) Which country has offered a soft loan of $15 billion to finance India's first bullet train at an interest rate of less than 1 percent?
38) In a data released for the marketing year of 2014-2015, India has beaten which country to become the largest producer of cotton in the world?
39) National Anti-Drug Addiction Day was observed on?
A) 2nd October
B) 6th October
C) 13th October
D) 19th October
40) With which country Nepal signed a historic deal to supply petroleum products ending a four-decade supply monopoly of the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)?
D) Saudi Arabia
41) How many new heritage sites of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh region have been identified by the State Government for preservation and listing under J&K Heritage Conservation and Preservation Act 2010?
42) Name the Indian Mountaineers who has created history after scaling an unexplored peak 6,180 metres high in Himachal's Spiti valley and named it Mount Kalam?
A) Kailash Kumar and Tashi Sherpa
B) Manoj Rawat and Piyush Agarwal
C) Jai Prakash and Ritesh Kumar
D) Arjun Vajpai and Bhupesh Kumar
43) Name the two Indian State, Naval area of which has been divided to make two separate headquarters to enhance operational and administrative organizational structure?
A) Andhra Pradesh and Chennai
B) Kerala and Chennai
C) Maharashtra and Goa
D) Maharashtra and Gujarat
44) Name the Indian cricketer who has retired from all forms of International Cricket and Indian Premier League recently?
A) Virat Kohli
B) M S Dhoni
C) Virender Sehwag
D) Harbhajan Singh
45) Which state has launched e-Pragati for e-Governance recently?
A) Madhya Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
46) According to the recently released World Bank report, India move up by 12 spot in terms of ease of doing business. What is India's Rank in ease of doing business as per the report?
47) Name the youngest ever Grand Master (GM) of Russia who won the 2015 FIDE World Chess Cup?
A) Sergey Karjakin
B) Parimarjan Negi
C) Magnus Carlsen
D) Wei Yi
48) In which state India's first Dolphin Community Reserve will be established?
A) West Bengal
D) Andhra Pradesh
49) At which places AIIMS will be set up under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna (PMSSY)?
A) Nagpur in Maharashtra
B) Manglagiri in Andhra Pradesh
C) Kalyani in West Bengal
D) Nagpur in Maharashtra, Manglagiri in Andhra Pradesh and Kalyani in West Bengal
50) World Statistics Day was observed across the world on?
A) 1st October
B) 6th October
C) 20th October
D) 23rd October
51) Name the British telecom major in favour of which the Bombay High Court has set aside an order of Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) which had ruled that Income Tax had the powers to raise tax demand on the company in a Rs 8500 crore transfer pricing case?
A) Idea Cellular
52) Indian Air Force (IAF) celebrated the 83rd Indian Air Force Day anniversary at the Hindon air base in Ghaziabad on?
A) 8th October
B) 11th October
C) 20th October
D) 25th October
53) Which company has joined hands with Reliance Communications (RCom) for trading and sharing of spectrum to launch fourth-generation (4G) mobile phone services by the year end?
A) Vodafone India
B) Idea Cellular
C) Reliance Jio (RJIO)
D) Bharti Airtel
54) The World Bank revised the International Poverty Line to?
A) $0.90 a day per person
B) $1.90 a day per person
C) $2.90 a day per person
D) $3.90 a day per person
55) Who was crowned Miss Diva 2015?
A) Natasha Assadi
B) Naveli Deshmukh
C) Urvashi Rautela
D) Hemali Soni
56) Name the mobile company which replaces PepsiCo Ltd as title sponsor for Indian Premier League (IPL) 2016?
57) On which day World Post Day was observed across the world to commemorate the date for the establishment of Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Bern, Switzerland?
A) 3rd October
B) 9th October
C) 14th October
D) 22nd October
58) Which state will host India's first Paragliding World Cup?
A) Himachal Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
59) Who became the first Jamaican writer to win the 2015 Man Booker prize for his fiction book - A Brief History of Seven Killings?
A) Richard Flanagan
B) Eleanor Catton
C) Marlon James
D) Hilary Mantel
60) According to the World Bank report what will be the GDP of India for the financial year 2015-16?
61) Name the place where China operationalised the largest hydropower station (dam) built on river Brahmaputra, raising concerns in India over the likelihood of disrupting water supplies?
62) The central government approved the induction of women fighter pilots in the Indian Air Force. In which year women fighter pilots would be inducted?