You are here: Home >> Current Affairs >> Current Affairs Quiz >> March 2016
1) Name the American programmer who died recently at the age of 74?
(He was credited with inventing world's first email and selector of '@' symbol.)
A) Ray Tomlinson
B) Robert E Kahn
C) Larry Page
D) Vint Cerf
2) Name the founder and former director of the National Film Archive of India (NFAI), Pune who died recently at the age of 82?
A) Mrinal Sajwan
B) Khushal Jangid
C) Sudhir Tripathi
D) Paramesh Krishnan Nair
3) In which Indian State the Chapchar Kut Festival (an annual harvest festival) is celebrated every year in the month of March?
4) What is the deadline set by the Indian Government to digitally connect all 1,29,323 gramin dak sewak post offices in rural areas across the country?
A) December 2016
B) March 2018
C) January 2017
D) March 2017
5) Name the Hockey India national-level umpire who has been promoted to the International Outdoor Umpire by the International Hockey Federation (FIH)?
A) Akshay Kumar Swain
B) Adrian Gabriel
C) Napoleon Singh
D) Pargat Singh
6) Name the Indian shooter who won gold in 50m Air Pistol event at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup in Bangkok?
A) Abhinav Bindra
B) Jitu Rai
C) Gagan Narang
D) Joydeep Karmakar
7) Name the four states and the Union Territory for which the Election Commission has announced the poll schedule to be held between 4 April and 16 May 2016?
A) Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and Puducherry
B) Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and Puducherry
C) Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Puducherry
D) Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Odisha and Puducherry
8) Name the Multinational Field Training Exercise (FTX) involving ASEAN Plus countries which commenced at Pune on 02.03.2016 with the themes based on 'Humanitarian Mine Action' and 'Peacekeeping Operations'?
A) Exercise FORCE 17
B) Exercise FORCE 18
C) Exercise FORCE 19
D) Exercise FORCE 20
9) Who will be conferred with the 47th Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2015?
C) Shashi Kapoor
D) Manoj Kumar
10) India won the Asia Cricket Cup title for record Sixth time. Which country was defeated by India by 8 wickets in the final?
A) Sri Lanka
11) On which day National Safety Day is observed in India every year?
A) March 4
B) March 10
C) March 16
D) March 25
12) In which state India's first solar powered ferry will be started?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) Andhra Pradesh
13) Name the ex-judge of Supreme Court who was appointed as the chairperson of the 21st Law Commission?
A) Balbir Singh Chauhan
B) Subrata Pal
C) Manpreet Singh Sandhu
D) Sandip Nandi
14) Which team won the Irani Cup title by defeating Ranji Trophy champions Mumbai by 4 wickets reaching a mammoth victory target of 480 runs in Mumbai?
(It was also the best-ever run-chase in the Irani Cup history.)
B) Rest of India
15) What is the name of the sixth navigation satellite of the seven-satellite constellation which was successfully launched by Indian Space agency ISRO?
16) With which international finance body India recently signed an MoU to set up the South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Center (SARTTAC) for member countries of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka?
A) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
B) International Finance Corporation (IFC)
C) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
D) World Bank
17) Name the new service launched by the Minister of Railways on 11.03.2016 through which a passenger can request for a dirty coach to be swept and cleaned by sending an SMS on mobile number 58888?
A) Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat
B) Swachh Bharat
C) Clean My Train
D) Clean My Coach
18) Name the bill which was recently approved by the Rajya Sabha and is a pioneering initiative to protect the interest of consumers, promote fair play in real estate transactions and to ensure timely execution of projects?
A) Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2014
B) Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015
C) Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2016
D) Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2017
19) Name the University which has won the annual Visitor's Award for the 'Best University'?
(It was instituted with the aim of promoting healthy competition amongst Central Universities and motivating them to adopt best practices from across the world.)
A) Jadavpur University
B) Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
C) Tezpur University
D) Jawaharlal Nehru University
20) What is the name of first-ever joint exercise being conducted by the border-guarding forces of India and Bangladesh, Border Security Force (BSF) and the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB), in the riverine borders of the Sundarbans to enhance bilateral cooperation?
A) Protect Sundarbans
B) Sundarbans Maithri
C) Our Sundarban
D) Sundarbans Tiger
21) Name the Aditya Birla Group Chairman who was declared the CEO of the Year at the fourth edition of the International Advertising Association (IAA) Awards?
A) Ghanshyam Das Birla
B) Krishna Kumar Birla
C) Aditya Vikram Birla
D) Kumar Mangalam Birla
22) In which city 4th World Congress of Biosphere Reserves will be held from March 14 to March 17?
A) Quito (Equador)
B) Caracas (Venezuela)
C) Lima (Peru)
D) Santiago (Chile)
23) Which authority ruled on 13th March 2016 that the Cabinet Ministers in the States and the Union are pubic powers under the Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005?
A) Finance Commission
B) Central Information Commission (CIC)
C) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
D) Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
24) Which team retained the Santosh Trophy National Football Championships title after beating hosts Maharashtra 2-1 in the final?
25) Who won women's singles title of All England Open Badminton Championships 2016?
A) Carolina Marin (Spain)
B) Nozomi Okuhara (Japan)
C) Wang Shixian (China)
D) Tine Baun (Denmark)
26) Who won men's singles title of All England Open Badminton Championships 2016?
A) Liu Xiaolong (China)
B) Lee Chong Wei (Malaysia)
C) Lin Dan (China)
D) Chen Long (China)
27) Who was appointed as CEO of AirAsia India succeeding Mittu Chandilya?
A) Amar Abrol
B) Cramer Ball
C) Ashwani Lohani
D) Ajay Singh
28) Which telecom company recently announced that it will acquire Videocon Telecom's spectrum in six circles for Rs 4,428 crore through a bandwidth trading deal?
B) Idea Cellular
D) Bharti Airtel
29) Name the shehnai exponent who died recently in Kolkata at the age of 77?
(He gave Doordarshan's signature tune at the inauguration ceremony of Doordarshan in 1973.)
A) Anant Lal
B) Ustad Ali Ahmad Hussain Khan
C) Bhaskar Nath
D) Daya Shankar
30) Name the legendary playback singer of South Indian languages who has entered the Guinness World Records for recording highest number of songs in several languages in a career spanning over half a century?
A) P Susheela
B) V Laxmi
C) S Janaki
D) P Leela
31) Name the place in Uttarakhand where Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel on 30 March 2016 remotely launched Asia's biggest telescope, the Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)?
32) Name the vaccine which has been recently launched by the Health Minister Shri JP Nadda as a part of Universal Immunisation Programme to reduce child mortality?
A) Hepatitis A
B) Rotavirus Vaccine
C) Human Papillomavirus
D) Japanese encephalitis
33) Name the venue of 8th BRICS Summit to be held from 15 to 16 October 2016?
A) New Delhi
34) Name the European Bank, the world's largest multilateral public bank, which recently announced to invest 33 billion rupees (450 million Euros) for the first metro line in Lucknow?
A) European Investment Bank (EIB)
B) European Bank (EB)
C) Bank of Europe (BE)
D) Investment Bank of Europe (IBE)
35) 13th India-EU Summit was held in?
36) In which city 4th World Congress of Biosphere Reserves was held from March 14 to March 17?
D) La Paz
37) World Tuberculosis Day 2016 was observed across the world with the theme 'Unite to End TB' on?
A) March 2
B) March 12
C) March 24
D) March 29
38) 9th International Abilympics was held in?
39) World Meteorological Day 2016 was observed across the world with the theme 'Hotter, Drier, Wetter. Face the Future' on?
A) March 5
B) March 23
C) March 17
D) March 20
40) Name the Australian cricketer who recently announced retirement from international cricket?
A) Shane Watson
B) Steve Smith
C) James Faulkner
D) Mitchell Marsh
41) Which film won National Award for the Best Feature Film?
A) Bajrangi Bhaijaan
C) Bajirao Mastani
42) Which actor won National Award for the category Best Actor?
A) Ranveer Singh
B) Salman Khan
C) Amitabh Bachchan
D) Manoj Bajpayee
43) Which actress won National Award for the category Best Actress for the film Tanu Weds Manu Returns?
A) Kangana Ranaut
B) Deepika Padukone
C) Kareena Kapoor
D) Shruti Hasan