You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 22
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
211) All vital atmospheric process leading to various climatic and weather conditions take place in the
212) Where do Bhagirathi and Alakananda join Ganga?
213) Sir Creek is located at:
A) Indo-Pak boundary along Gujarat
B) Indo-Pak boundary in Laddakh
C) Near Mc Mohan Line on India-China border in North-East
D) Along India-Myanmar border
214) Which state has smallest land area?
215) The climate of India is mainly tropical because:
A) of the location of the Himalayas in its North
B) major part of India lies within the tropics
C) of the overpowering influence of Indian Ocean
D) of the seasonal influence of jet streams
216) The two volcanic islands in the Indian territory are:
A) Kavaratti and New Moor
B) Bitra and Kavaratti
C) Pamban and Barren
D) Narcondam and Barren
217) Among the following Union Territories of India, which one has the largest size?
C) Daman and Diu
218) Which one of the following pair is correctly matched?
A) Plimsoll Line : India and Afghanistan
B) Durand Line : India and Myanmar
C) Macmohan Line : India and Nepal
D) Radcliffe Line : India and Pakistan
219) Ten Degree Channel is between:
A) Dover and Calais
B) Alaska and Russia
C) Little Andaman and Car Nicobar
D) North Korea and South Korea
220) If the usual rule of calculation of time were applied for the extremes of Gujarat and Arunachal Pradesh, then approximately time:
A) at Gujarat would be ahead of that at Arunachal Pradesh by about 3 hours
B) at Gujarat would be ahead of that at Arunachal Pradesh by about 2 hours
C) at Arunachal Pradesh would be ahead of that at Gujarat by about 3 hours
D) at Arunachal Pradesh would be ahead of that at Gujarat by about 2 hours