You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 36
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
351) The group of languages spoken by the largest number of people in India is :
D) None of these
352) Most Indians belong to the group:
353) The oldest inhabitants of India are considered to be :
354) The most urbanised community in India is that of the:
355) How many States and Union Territories are there in India?
A) 25 States and 7 Union territories
B) 28 States and 7 Union territories
C) 27 States and 7 Union territories
D) 29 States and 7 Union territories
356) In which one of the following Union Territories, people of the Onge tribe live?
A) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
B) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
C) Daman and Diu
357) Which is correct? (1) Andhra Pradesh has the longest coastline, (2) Gujarat has the highest number of airports.
A) only 1
B) only 2
C) Both 1 and 2
D) Neither 1 nor 2
358) Amongst the following Indian States which one has the minimum total forest cover?
359) Among the Union Territories which has the highest literacy rate?
D) Daman and Diu
360) The percentage of literates in India is :
A) almost equal among males and females
B) lower among males than females
C) higher among males than females
D) lower in urban areas than in rural areas