You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> GK Set No. 1
Questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
1) A tree's age can be found by?
A) counting the number of annual rings
B) counting the number of branches
C) measuring its height
D) measuring its girth
2) Acute lead poisoning is also known as?
3) Idukki Dam in Kerala is built across which river ?
4) In 1206, who founded the Slave Dynasty, in India ?
B) Razia Sultan
C) Qutubuddin Aibak
5) In 305 BC, which Maurya ruler defeated Alexander's general Seleucus Nicator and received the territories of Kabul and Balochistan?
B) Chandragupta Maurya
D) Pulkeshin II
6) In terms of area, which is the smallest continent ?
A) South America
7) In the Parliament of India Upper House is known as ?
A) Council of States
B) Rajya Sabha
C) Lok Sabha
8) The observation that 'Supply creates its own demand' is popularly called?
A) Say's Law
B) Greham's Law
C) Murphy's Law
D) Newton's Law
9) 'Uhuru Peak' at Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest point of which continent ?
D) North Australia
10) Under what circumstances can some of the Fundamental Rights be suspended?
A) When a proclamation of National Emergency is in operation
B) On the orders of a Court
C) During financial emergency
D) When President's rule is imposed