You are here: Home >> Question Paper >> Practice Set - General Knowledge (Set-7)
301) During indian freedom struggle, which one of the following happened earliest?
A) Gaya Session of Congress
B) Tripuri Session of congress
C) Gandhi-Irwin Pact
D) Simon Commission
302) During Kanishka's reign, the centre of political activity shifted from Magadha to:
D) Purushapura (Peshawar)
303) During the Chola period, Sri Lanka was known as?
304) During the freedom struggle, Aruna Asaf Ali was a major woman organizer of underground activity in?
A) Quit India Movement
B) Civil Disobedience Movement
C) Non-Cooperation Movement
D) Swadeshi Movement
305) During the Indian Freedom Struggle, why did Rowlatt Act arouse popular indignation?
A) it authorized the government to imprison people without tria
B) it curbed the trade union activities
C) it suppressed the Indian traditional education
D) It curtailed the freedom of religion.
306) During the monsoon season rainfall decreases from the Ganga delta to the Punjab plains. It is because:
A) monsoon current moves westward along the Ganga plain and becomes drier
B) western regions are warmer than the eastern region
C) hills do not form barriers for winds
D) the area is far away from the sea
307) During the proclamation of National Emergency:
A) all Fundamental Rights are suspended
B) Articles 20 and 21 cannot be suspended
C) Article 32 cannot be suspended
D) Article 19 cannot be suspended
308) During the reign of which ancient Indian ruler, did Chinese traveller Fa-Hien visit India?
A) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
B) Chandragupta Maurya
309) During the tenure of which Governor General of India, King George V visited India?
A) Lord Dalhousie
B) Lord Curzon
C) Lord William Bentinck
D) Lord Hardinge
310) During which 5-year Plan did prices show a decline?
D) None of these
311) During which Five Year Plan was Green Revolution initiated in India?
312) During which Five Year Plan was the total expenditure on agriculture the highest?
A) First Five Year Plan
B) Second Five Year Plan
C) Third Five Year Plan
D) Fourth Five Year PIan
313) During which of the following periods of Indian History did the Kshatriyas have a distinct identity?
A) Age of the Buddha
B) Maurya period
C) Post-Maurya age
D) Gupta period
314) During which Plan period did agricultural production register a negative growth?
315) During whose Governor Generalship the Maratha confederacy ended?
A) Lord Wellesley
B) Lord Hastings
C) Lord Cornwallis
D) Lord Dalhousie
316) 'Dykes' are especially constructed in
D) United Kingdom
317) Earthquakes are generally associated with
318) East West corridor comprising National Highways connects?
A) Silchar to Porbander
B) Patna to Surat
C) Kolkata to Mumbai
D) None of the these
319) Economic Planning is a subject:
A) in the Union List
B) in the State List
C) in the Concurrent List
D) unspecified in any special list
320) Economic planning is an essential feature of ?
A) Dual economy
B) Mixed economy
C) Socialist economy
D) Capitalist economy
321) 'Economic Planning' refers to ?
A) The allocation of resources
B) The planning of manpower
C) The mobilisation of both taxes and manpower
D) The mobilisation of taxes
322) Economic survey is published by :
A) Ministry of Finance
B) Planning Commission
C) Govt. of India
D) Indian Statistical Institute
323) Edward Jenner is associated with
C) Small Pox
324) Electrostatic precipitator is used to control?
A) Radio-active Pollutants
B) Air Pollutants
C) Water Pollutants
D) Chemical Pollutants
325) Endoscope is an instrument used to detect the ulcers in the stomach has a long narrow tube (with a small glowing bulb at one end) which is inserted in to the stomach through the mouth contains
A) small current carrying wire
B) a narrow tube containing water
C) optical fibre
D) a narrow tube containing some chemical solution
326) Enumerate the Vedangas
327) Environmental pollution can be controlled by?
A) Sewage Treatments
B) Checking Atomic Blasts
C) Manufacturing Electrical Vehicles
D) All of these
328) Enzymes are
B) Biological Catalysts
D) None of these
329) Epoxy resins is used as:
A) Moth repellants
330) Equality before law also means that no man is above law in the country. The only exception made in the Constitution relates to the?
A) President and the Governor
B) Chief Justice of India
C) Prime Minister
D) There is no exception
331) Equilibrium of the monopolistic firm
A) necessarily is profitable
B) occurs where P = MC
C) occurs where MR = MC
D) occurs where P = MR
332) Essential oils contain
333) Estimates of national income in India are prepared by the?
A) Ministry of finance
B) Reserve bank of India
C) Central statistical organization
D) Planning commission
334) Every proclamation issued under Article 356 shall cease to operate at the expiration of:
A) one month unless before that period it has been approved by resolution of both Houses of Parliament
B) two months unless before that period it has been approved by resolution of both Houses of Parliament
C) six months unless before that period it has been approved by resolution of both Houses of Parliament
D) three years unless before that period it has been approved by resolution of both Houses of Parliamen
335) Excess amount of absorbed water by plants is liberated out by?
336) Excise Duty is a tax levied on the?
A) export of goods
B) import of goods
C) production of goods
D) sale of goods
337) Excretion in Hemichordates takes place by
338) EXIM Bank was set-up in the year:
339) Falkland Islands, located in South Atlantic Ocean, are a self-governing Overseas Territory of which country ?
B) United Kingdom
340) Fascism believes in
A) Dignity of Individual
341) Find the incorrect match among the followings:
A) Sir Syed Murtza Khan - Aligarh
B) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar - Ambedkar University
C) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru - Jawaharlal Nehru University
D) Madan Mohan Malviya - Banaras Hindu University
342) First Indian cricketer to take Hat Trick in Test Cricket is?
A) Kapil Dev
B) Harbhajan Singh
C) Chetan Sharma
D) Zaheer Khan
343) First Jain Tirthankar was?
344) First Olympic games were held in which year?
A) 776 B. C.
B) 798 B. C.
C) 876 B. C.
D) 898 B. C.
345) First vessel acquired by the Department of Ocean Development (DOD) for fisheries and oceanographic research?
A) Sagar Vikas
B) Sagar Lakshmi
C) Sagar Kanya
D) None of the above
346) Fiscal Deficit in the Union Budget means?
A) The sum of budgetary deficit and net increase in internal and external borrowings
B) The sum of monetized deficit and budgetary deficit
C) The difference between current expenditure and current revenue
D) Net increase in Union Government borrowings from the RBI
347) Fiscal Policy is connected with?
A) exports and imports
B) Issue of currency
C) public revenue and expenditure
D) None of these
348) Fixation of nitrogen means:
A) Manufacture of nitrogen
B) Liquefication of nitrogen
C) Conversion of nitrogen into nitric acid
D) Conversion of atmospheric nitrogen into useful compounds
349) Flowerless plants are termed as ?
350) Fly wheel is an important part of a steam engine because it
A) gives strength to the engine
B) accelerates the speed of the engine
C) helps the engine in keeping the speed uniform
D) decreases the moment of inertia