You are here: Home >> Question Paper >> Practice Set - General Knowledge (Set-8)
Model Test Paper-8
Objective General Knowledge
351) Food crops comprise:
A) Cotton, Tobacco, Sugarcane
B) Linseed, Castor, Turmeric
C) Food grains, Pulses, Edible oil seeds
D) Jute, Cotton, Chillies
352) For Election of Members to Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly, electoral constituencies comprise wholly or partly of which area?
A) Municipal Area
B) A Transitional Area
C) Legislative Council
D) None of these
353) For internal financing of Five Year Plans, the government depends on:
A) taxation only
B) taxation and public borrowing
C) public borrowing and deficit financing
D) taxation, public borrowing and deficit financing
354) For red colour, compounds of which element are commonly used in fireworks ?
355) For regulation of the Insurance Trade in the country the Government has formed:
B) Reserve Bank of India
C) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
D) General Insurance Corporation
356) For the Karachi session of Indian National Congress in 1931, presided over by Sardar Patel, who drafted the Resolution on Fundamental Rights and Economic Programme?
A) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
B) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
C) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
D) Mahatma Gandhi
357) For what is the Manas sanctuary in Assam known?
358) For which of the following crops does India have the largest cultivated area in the world?
359) For which of the following substances, the resistance decreases with increase in temperature?
D) Pure Silicon
360) For which one among the following diseases there is no vaccine till date??
361) For writing the Punjabi language, which Sikh guru developed the Gurumukhi script ?
A) Guru Ram Das
B) Guru Arjan
C) Guru Amar Das
D) Guru Angad
362) Forest policy of govt. aims to bring what percentage of total area, under forest?
363) Formaldehyde is the starting material for the manufacture of:
A) D. D. T.
364) Founder of the Satvahana dynasty was?
B) Rudradaman I
C) Shatkarni II
D) Shatkarni I
365) Four resolutions were passed at the famous Calcutta session of Indian National Congress in 1906. The question of either retention OR of rejection of these four resolutions became the cause of a split in Congress at the next Congress session held in Surat in 1907. Which one of the following was not one of those resolutions?
A) National education
C) Annulment of partition of Bengal
366) Fresh evaluation of every item of expenditure from the very beginning of each financial year is called ?
A) Fresh Budgeting
B) Deficit Budgeting
C) Performance Budgeting
D) Zero-based Budgeting
367) From origin to delta, the Brahmputra traverses?
A) Bhutan, Nepal, India
B) India, Bangladesh, Myanmar
C) Tibet, China, Myanmar
D) Tibet, India, Bangladesh
368) From the constitution of which country was the concept of the Fundamental Rights in the Indian Constitution borrowed ?
A) United Kingdom
B) South Africa
D) United States of America
369) From the view of International economy, Third World implies:
A) the developed countries
B) the developing countries
C) block led by U.S.A., U.K. etc.
D) None of these
370) From which constitution of the world, the Indian Constitution has adopted the concept of 'Directive Principles of State Policy'?
371) From which country India adopted the Five Year Plans?
372) From which mineral is radium obtained:
373) From which of the following countries, Constitution of India has adopted fundamental duties?
C) Erstwhile USSR
374) From which period large scale land grants were given to officers and other important person?
A) Gupta period
B) Kushan period
C) Mauryan period
D) None of these
375) Fundamental duties have been added in the Constitution by 42nd Amendment Act, 1976 in accordance with the recommendations of:
A) Santhanam Committee
B) Sarkaria Committee
C) Swaran Singh Committee
D) Indira Gandhi Committee
376) Fundamental Freedoms under Article 19 are suspended during emergency caused by:
A) war or external aggression
B) failure of constitutional machinery of a State
C) internal armed rebellion
D) financial crisis
377) Fundamental Rights can be classified into?
A) 5 groups
B) 6 groups
C) 7 groups
D) 8 groups
378) Fundamental Rights of the citizens are?
C) Justiciabel if the highest court feels it should be
D) Some rights are justiciable while other are not
379) Fundamental Rights of the Indian citizens are contained in ____ of the 'Indian Constitution'?
A) Part I
B) Part II
C) Part III
D) Part IV
380) Galena is the principal ore of which element ?
381) Gandhi-Irwin Pact was signed on 15th March _______.
382) Gandhiji started Satyagraha in 1919 to protest against the?
A) Salt Law
B) Rowlatt Act
C) Jallianwala Bagh Messacre
D) Act of 1909
383) Gandhi's 'Dandi March' is associated with
A) Civil Disobedience Movement
B) Non-Cooperation Movement
C) Quit India Movement
D) Khilafat Movement
384) GARBA is the dance form of which state?
B) West Bengal
385) Gautam Buddha as a prince was known as:
386) Gedrosia corresponds to modern?
387) Gene was first isolated by?
A) J. C. Bose
B) Hargobind Khurana
C) S. Chandrashekar
D) C. V. Raman
388) German Silver is an alloy of:
A) Copper, Silver & Nickel
B) Silver, Copper & Aluminium
C) Zinc, Copper & Nickel
D) Silver, Zinc & Nickel
389) Gilt-edged market means?
A) Market of government securities
B) Bullion market
C) Market of commodities
D) Market of pure metals
390) Glass is actually a?
A) a crystalline solid
B) an elastic solid
C) an ionic solid
D) a vitrifies liquid
391) Glass is made from the mixture of:
A) Quartz and mica
B) Sand and salt
C) Sand and silicates
D) Quartz and sand
392) Globalisation of Indian Economy means:
A) stepping up external borrowings
B) establishing Indian business units abroad
C) having minimum possible restrictions on economic relations with other countries
D) giving up programmes of import substitution
393) Glycol is added to aviation gasoline because it?
A) reduces consumption of petrol
B) prevents freezing of petrol
C) reduces evaporation of petrol
D) increase efficiency of petrol
394) Goa's economy is mainly based on ?
A) Export of ores
D) None of these
395) Gobar gas contains mainly:
B) Carbon dioxide
D) Carbon Monoxide
396) Government imposes taxes to ?
A) Run the machinery of state
B) Uplift weaker sections
C) Check the accumulation of wealth among the rich
D) None of these
397) Greenland is a
A) big ice sheet
B) high plateau covered with ice
C) low plateau
D) continent totally covered with snow
398) Gross domestic capital formation is defined as?
A) Expenditure incurred on physical assets only
B) Production exceeding demand
C) Flow of expenditure devoted to increased or maintaining of the capital stock
D) Net addition to stock after depreciation
399) Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is the monetary value of?
A) goods for the market and for self consumption
B) stock of goods and services
C) all final goods and services produced in a year
D) goods produced for the markets only
400) Growth of the baby in the uterus is found using
B) Gamma rays
D) Ultraviolet rays