You are here: Home >> Question Paper >> Practice Set - General Knowledge (Set-9)
Model Test Paper-9
Objective General Knowledge
401) Growth rate of population means
A) The difference of growth between male and female.
B) The difference in population between urban and rural area.
C) The number of births per thousand people.
D) The difference between birth and death rates.
402) Guwahati is situated on the bank of the river?
403) Hanging valleys are formed due to the action of?
B) Volcanic eruption
C) Waves of the ocean
404) Hard Currency is defined as currency:
A) which can hardly be used for international transactions
B) which is used in times of war
C) which loses its value very fast
D) traded in foreign exchange market for which demand is persistently relative to the supply
405) Harsha was defeated by:
D) Pulkesin II
406) Harsha was the last great royal patron of:
407) Harshacharita the biography of Harsha, was written by:
408) Hay fever is a sign of
C) Old age
D) Over work
409) Heavy water is:
A) Tritium oxide
B) Deuterium oxide
C) Rain water
D) Water at 4 degree centigrade
410) Hinterland refers to:
A) continental shelf in the sea from which oil can be extracted
B) natural harbour used for international trade
C) land region extending from a sea port
D) abandoned sea port where trade was carried out initially
411) Hirakud Dam at Sambalpur in Orissa, the longest dam in India, is built across which river ?
412) Historians are of the view that the British signed the Treaty of Bassien (1802) with a 'Cypher'. Who was this 'Cypher'?
A) Raghunath Rao
B) Daulat Rao Sindhia
C) Baji Rao II
D) Nana Phadanvis
413) Hooghly was used as a base for piracy in the Bay of Bengal by?
A) The Portugese
B) The British
C) The French
D) The Danish
414) How did Sultan Qutub-ud-din Aibak die?
A) He sustained injuries while besieging the fortress of Kalinjar in Bundelkhand and succumbed to death
B) He was killed in a battle with Taj-u-din Yildiz, the rular of Ghazni who entered into a contest with
C) He was treacherously stabled to death by one of his ambitious nobles
D) He died after a fall from his horse while playing Chaugan
415) How did the Non-cooperation Movement affect the Congress?
A) From constitutional agitation it changed its method to passive resistance
B) Once again the control shifted from moderates to extremists
C) It became the leader of the masses in the nationalist struggle to win freedom from British rule
D) It became a more business like body with a Working Committee and Constitution
416) How do Directive Principles of State Policy differ from Fundamental Rights?
A) The former are not a part of the Constitution, whereas the latter are the part of the Constitution.
B) The Directive Principles are not enforceable, whereas the Fundamental Rights are enforceable
C) The former are meant for Central Government, whereas the latter are for the States.
D) None of these
417) How liberty can be limited?
A) By Rule
B) By Law
C) By Authority
D) By Equality
418) How long did the Constituent Assembly take to finally pass the Constitution?
A) about 6 months in 1949
B) exactly a year since Nov 26, 1948
C) about 2 years since Aug 15, 1947
D) about 3 years since Dec 9, 1946
419) How many chromosomes pairs are there in a human body?
420) How many members are nominated by the President in Rajya Sabha?
421) How many Schedules are there in the Constitution of India?
422) How many seats are reserved for Union Territories in the Lok Sabha?
A) 15 seats
B) 20 seats
C) 25 seats
D) 30 seats
423) How many States and Union Territories are there in India?
A) 25 States and 7 Union territories
B) 28 States and 7 Union territories
C) 27 States and 7 Union territories
D) 29 States and 7 Union territories
424) How many States in India are Coastal?
425) How many subjects are there in the Union List of India?
426) How many subjects have been added in the Concurrent List?
427) How many times in a year, day and night are of equal duration anywhere on earth?
428) How many times the preamble was amended
D) Four times
429) How many times the President has declared the financial emergency?
430) How salaries and allowances for the Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha and the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha are fixed?
A) by Lok Sabha
B) by Rajya Sabha
C) Members of the Parliament
D) Parliament by Law
431) Human Development Index comprises literacy rates, life expectancey at birth and:
A) gross domestic product per head in the US dollars
B) gross domestic product per head at real purchasing power
C) gross national product in US dollars
D) national income per head in US dollars
432) Humayun Nama was written by:
C) Abul Fazl
D) Gulbadan Begum
433) Hydrogen and Carbon monoxide are the major constituents of which fuel gas ?
A) Water Gas
B) Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
C) Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
D) Coal Gas
434) Hydrometer is an instrument:
A) For measuring sound in water
B) To detect the presence of hydrogen in the atmosphere
C) For measuring the specific gravity of liquids
D) To detect the changes in atmospheric humidity
435) Identify the correct sequence of the establishment of steel plants in India from the earliest to the latest:
A) Bokaro, Jamshedpur, Vishakhapatnam, Bhilai
B) Jamshedpur, Bhilai, Bokaro, Vishakhapatnam
C) Bhilai, Jamshedpur, Vishakhapatnam, Bokaro
D) Jamshedpur, Vishakhapatnam, Bhilai, Bokaro
436) If a Minister of a State wants to resign, to whom he should address the letter of resignation?
A) Chief Minister
B) Speaker of Vidhan Sabha
C) Governor of the State
D) Leader of his political party
437) If a resolution impeaching the President is passed, the President is considered to have been removed:
A) from the date on which the resolution is passed
B) once the Chief Justice of India takes out an order to the effect
C) as soon as the Gazette of India notifies it
D) once the new incumbent is elected
438) If a ship moves from freshwater into seawater, it will?
A) rise a little higher
B) sink a little bit
C) remain unaffected
D) sink completely
439) If an Indian citizen is denied a public office because of his religion, which of the following Fundamental Rights is denied to him?
A) Right to Freedom
B) Right to Equality
C) Right to Freedom of Religion
D) Right against Exploitation
440) If lime is added to soil, then?
A) Acidity of soil decreases
B) Acidity of soil increases
C) Salinity of soil decreases
D) Salinity of soil increases
441) If the cash-reserve ratio is lowered by the Central bank, what will be its effect on credit creation?
C) No change
D) None of these
442) If the current and the voltage are out of phase by 90 degree, then the power is?
D) None of these
443) If the earth stops rotating the apparent value of g on its surface will
A) increase everywhere
B) decrease everywhere
C) remain the same everywhere
D) increase at some places and remain the same at other places
444) If the panchayat is dissolved, the election must be held within
A) 1 month
B) 4 month
C) 6 month
D) 1 year
445) If the President returns a Bill sent to him for his assent and the Parliament once again passes the Bill in its original form, then the President:
A) can once again return the Bill for further reconsideration
B) can ask for a referendum on the Bill
C) has to give assent to the Bill
D) can seek the opinion of the Supreme Court on the bill
446) If the President wants to resign from office, he may do so by writing to the:
B) Chief Justice of India
C) Prime Minister
D) Speaker of Lok Sabha
447) If the price of an inferior good falls, then its demand
C) Remains constant
D) Can be any of these
448) If the Prime Minister of India belonged to the Upper House of Parliament?
A) he can make statements only on the Upper House
B) he will not be able to vote in his favour in the event of a no-confidence motion
C) he has to become a member of the Lower House within six months after being sworn-in as the Prime Min
D) he will not be able to speak on the Budget in the Lower House
449) If the RBI adopts an expansionist open market operations policy, this means that it will?
A) Openly announce to the market that it intends to expand credit
B) Sell securities in the open market
C) Offer commercial banks more credit in the open market
D) Buy securities from non-government holders
450) If the Speaker of the Lok Sabha intends to vacate his office before the expiry of his term, he sends his resignation to the?
A) Leader of the House (Lok Sabha)
B) Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
C) President of India
D) Chairman of the Rajya Sabha