You are here: Home >> Question Paper >> Practice Set - History (Set-3)
101) In May 1998, while addressing at nuclear tests site near Pokhran, who added 'Jai Vigyan' to the Lal Bahadur Shastri's Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan' ?
A) Rajeev Gandhi
B) Atal Behari Vajpayee
C) P.V.Narsimha Rao
D) Indira Gandhi
102) In the context of ancient Indian society, which one of the following terms does not belong to the category of the other three?
103) In the 'individual Satyagraha', Vinoba Bhave was chosen as the first Satyagrahi. Who was the second?
A) C. Rajagopalachari
B) Sardar Vallabhabhai Patel
C) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
D) Dr. Rajendra Pradesh
104) In which city Indian National Congress passed Quit India Resolution on August 8, 1942?
105) In which district is Dandi associated with the March of Gandhi, is located?
106) In which Governor-General's reign railway lines in India were established?
A) Lord Cornwallis
B) Lord Dalhousie
C) Lord Curzon
D) Lord William Bentinck
107) In which of the following Vedic hymns there is reference of the origin of four Varnas?
108) In which region was the first metallic coin used In India?
A) The Indo-Gangetic plain of central India
B) The Himalayas
C) Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh
D) The Deccan Plateau
109) In which session did Congress declared complete Independence (Poorna Swaraj) as its goal?
A) Lahore session held in 1929
B) Madras session held in 1927
C) Ahmedabad session held in 1921
D) Gaya session held in 1922
110) Jainism was divided into two sects - Swetambaras (White-clad) and Digambaras (Sky clad or naked) - during the reign of the:
111) Jatakas are the stories of:
A) Buddha's life
B) Buddha's previous lives
C) The lives of the future Buddhas
D) Great saints of Buddhism
112) Just before midnight 14th August 1947, Jawaharlal Nehru rose in the Constituent Assembly to deliver the most famous speech ever made by an Indian. Which of the following were the opening lines of the speech?
A) 'Swaraj is our birthright and we have won it...'
B) Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny
C) 'India is independent..'
D) We have finally achieved what we had struggled for'
113) Kanva dynasty was established by:
114) Kautilya (also known as Vishnugupta and Chanakya) is the author of Arthasastra which has been compared with:
A) Plato's State
B) Machiavelli's Prince
C) Karl Marx's Das Kapital
D) Hitler's Mein Kampf
115) Khajuraho temples were built by rulers of which dynasty?
116) Kharavela of Kalinga was a follower of
117) Khilafat Movement was organised to protest against the injustice done to:
118) Krishnadevaraya built the Krishnaswami temple in Hampi, which is situated in the present state of ?
D) Andhra Pradesh
119) Liberty, Equality and Fraternity' was the motto of which revolution?
120) Live well, as long as you live. Live well even by borrowings, for once cremated, there is no return'. The rejection of after life is an aphorism of the?
C) Kapalika sect
D) Sunyavada of Nagarjun
121) Lumbini where Gautam Buddha was born is in which country?
122) Madhubani', a style of folk paintings is popular in which of the following states in India?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) West Bengal
123) Mahatma Gandhi participated In the Second Round Table conference after:
A) signing the Gandhi-Irwin Pact of March 1931
B) refusing to hold direct talks with the Muslim League
C) being permitted by the Congress
D) receiving assurance that independence was fast coming
124) Mahatma Gandhi used for the first time hunger strike as a weapon during?
A) Bardoli Satyagraha
B) Champaran Satyagraha
C) Khadi Satyagraha
D) Ahmedabad Strike
125) Mahatma Gandhi was born at which place?
126) Mahavira was:
A) the 20th Tirthankara
B) the 21st Tirthankara
C) the 23rd Tirthankara
D) the 24th Tirthankara
127) Malik Kafur was General under which ruler?
A) Firoz Shah Tughluq
B) Muhammad bin Tughluq
D) Ala-ud-din khilji
128) Mauryan Dynasty was founded by:
B) Chandragupta Maurya
129) Megasthanes visited India during the reign of:
A) Chandragupta II
C) Chandragupta Maurya
130) Megasthanes was the Ambassador of:
A) Selucus Nicator
D) The Persians
131) Megasthanes, the ambassador of Selucus at the Mauryan court in Pataliputra, wrote an account of the period in his book:
A) Travels of Megasthanes
D) None of these
132) Mohammed-bin-Qasim conquered Sind in the year
A) 712 A.D.
B) 812 A.D.
C) 912 A.D.
D) 1012 A.D.
133) Monolithic Rathas' of the Pallavas are found at:
134) Mrs Annie Besant became the first woman President of the Indian National Congress in:
135) Nagananda', 'Ratnavali' and 'Priyadarshika' Sanskrit works were authored by which ruler ?
A) Chandragupta Maurya
B) Krishna Deva Raya
C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
136) Name the British Prime Minister who convened the First Round Table Conference in London?
B) Ramsay McDonald
137) Nurjahan's real name was?
A) Razia Sultan
C) Mumtaj Mahal
D) Mehr - un - Nisaa
138) Of all the states in northern India in 6th century BC which of the following states emerged as the most powerful?
139) Of the five vows (Panch Anuvratas) of Jainism, four existed before Mahavira. The one which he added was:
A) not to kill (non-injury)
B) not to steal
C) non-attachment to worldly things
140) Of the following scholars who was the first to discover the traces of the Harappan Civilisation?
A) Sir John Marshall
B) R D Banerji
C) A Cunningham
D) Daya Ram Sahani
141) Of the following who died as political prisoner in Lahore prison?
A) Bhagat Singh
B) Batukeshwar Dutt
C) Jatin Das
D) Sukh Dev
142) Of the following who is called India's Machiavelli?
143) Of the following who was the hero of a famous drama Malvlkagnimitra written by Kalidasa?
144) On 15 May 1952, who became the first speaker of the Lok Sabha ?
A) G V Mavalankar
B) Harilal J Kania
C) S Radhakrishnan
D) Sukumar Sen
145) On 17 Dec 1931, who founded the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) in Kolkata ?
A) Vikram Sarabhai
B) Homi Bhabha
C) P C Mahalanobis
D) C V Raman
146) On the banks of which river, did Mahatma Gandhi establish Satyagraha Ashram in Ahmedabad ?
147) On which date, the arrival date of Mahatma Gandhi in India from South Africa, is the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas celebrated?
A) 9th January
B) 10th January
C) 11th January
D) 12th January
148) On which occasion the slogan 'Nagpur Chalo' was raised?
A) Jhanda Satyagrah
B) Quit India Movement
C) Non-cooperation Movement
D) Dandi March
149) Original name of Chanakya was?
150) Outside India, Buddhism was first accepted in
C) Sri Lanka