You are here: Home >> Question Paper >> Practice Set - History (Set-4)
151) Panini, the first Grammarian of Sanskrit language in India, lived during the?
A) 2nd Century A. D.
B) 6th -5th Century B. C.
C) 6th -5th Century A.D.
D) 2nd Century B. C.
152) Permanent Settlement of Bengal was done by British Governor-General
A) Lord Minto
B) Lord Wellesly
C) Lord Warren Hastings
D) Lord Cornwallis
153) Poet Kalidasa lived in the court of:
A) Chandragupta Maurya
C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
154) Porus was defeated by Alexander at the battle of:
155) Project Tiger was introduced in
156) Rabindranath Tagore surrendered his knighthood in protest against:
A) Martial law in Punjab
B) Jallianwala Bagh tragedy
C) Rowlatt Acts
D) All of these
157) Raja Rammohan Roy and David Hare were associated with the foundation of the
A) Hindu College
B) Rippon College
C) M. A. O. College
D) Sanskrit College
158) Rajatarangini was written by?
C) Harsha Vardhana
159) Shahjahan built the Moti Masjid at
160) Sikkim became a full fledged state of the Indian Union, in the year?
161) Soft toy 'Teddy Bear' was named after which US president's nickname ?
A) John F. Kennedy
B) Theodore Roosevelt
C) Abraham Lincoln
D) George Washington
162) Taj Mahal was designed by
A) Ustad Isa
B) Ustad Mansur
C) Ustad Rahim
D) Ustad Shamsher
163) Temple architecture was most developed under which dynasty?
164) The 19th century reawakening in India was confined to the
A) Priestly class
B) Upper middle class
C) Rich peasantry
D) Urban landlords
165) The 1st Battle of Panipat was fought in the year
166) The aim of education as stated by the Wood's despatch of 1854 was?
A) the spread of western culture in India
B) the introduction of scientific research and rationalism in the traditional Indian education
C) the promotion of literacy among the people using English medium of language
D) the creation of employment opportunity for native Indians
167) The All India Muslim League was founded in December 1906 at:
168) The ancient kingdom of 'Avanti' had its capital at?
169) The ancient name of the city of Patna is?
170) The Arab conquest of Sind took place in the year?
A) 712 AD
B) 740 AD
C) 1001 AD
D) 1009 AD
171) The Bardoli Satyagraha was led by:
A) Rajendra Prasad
B) Mahatma Gandhi
C) Vallabhbhai Patel
D) Morarji Desai
172) The battle at Waihind in 1008-09 A.D was fought between?
A) Muhammad Ghori and Prithviraj
B) Muhammad Ghori and Jaichandra
C) Mahmud of Ghazni and Jayapala
D) Mahmud of Ghazni and Anandapala
173) The battle between Alexander and Porus took place on the bank of river?
174) The battle of Dharmat was fought between?
A) Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh
B) Ahmad Shah Durrani and the Maratha
C) Babar and the Afghans
D) Muhammad Gori and Jai Chand
175) The battle that was fought between Ahmad Shah Abdali and the Marathas in 1761 was?
A) 1st battle of Panipat
B) 3rd battle of Panipat
C) 2nd battle of Panipat
D) 1st battle of Tarain
176) The Boston Tea Party was
A) a celebration of the harvest of tea leaves
B) a protest against the tea drinkers of Boston
C) a protest against the tea tax
D) an annual social affair
177) The boycott of foreign cloth during the Non-cooperation Movement?
A) Had little impact on the economy
B) Caused a striking fall in the value of imports of foreign cloth in 1921-22
C) Made the government relax controls on exports of Indian goods
D) Was not agreeable to the masses
178) The Britishers come to India as traders and formed company named?
A) Eastern India Company
B) The Great Britain Company
C) East India Company
D) Indo-British Company
179) The Buddha attained nirvana at:
A) Bodh Gaya
180) The Buddhist Doctrines were written in:
181) The Buddhist Sect Mahayana formally came into existence during the reign of?
182) The capital of the kingdom of Maharaja Ranjit Singh was at?
183) The caves and rock-cut temples at Ellora are?
A) Hindu, Buddhist and Jain
B) Hindu and Jain
D) Buddhist and Jain
184) The Chinese pilgrim Fa Hien visited India during the reign of which ruler?
A) Chandragupta I
B) Chandragupta II
185) The Chinese traveller Fa-hien visited India and left a detailed account of the reign of:
B) Chandragupta II
C) Kumargupta I
186) The Chinese traveller Hiuen Tsang, called the Prince of Pilgrims visited India during the reign of:
B) Chandragupta II
187) The Chola rulers undertook extensive land survey to ascertain?
A) Production of grains
B) Limit of the sources of irrigation
C) Right of ownership
D) Government's share of revenue
188) The concept of Anuvrata was advocated by?
A) The Lokayata School
B) Mahayana Buddhism
C) Hinayana Buddhism
189) The Congress split into moderates and extremist in
190) The Dandi March is associated with the?
A) Khilafat Movement
B) Civil Disobedience Movement
C) Non-cooperation Movement
D) Partition of Bengal
191) The decline of the Nandas at the hands of Kautilya and Chandragupta Maurya has been vividly portrayed in the Sanskrit play written by Kalidasa:
192) The deep transforming effect that the Kalinga War had on Ashoka has been described in:
A) Archaeological excavations
B) Rock edicts
D) Pillar edicts
193) The earliest available work of the Sangam Tamils is?
194) The earliest city discovered in India was
195) The earliest example of a land grant is provided by an inscription of?
A) the Guptas
B) the Satavahanas
C) the Mauryas
D) the Mughals
196) The earliest extant Buddhist Stupa comes from
C) Bodh Gaya
197) The earliest known Indian script is?
198) The earliest movement which took up the cause of lower cast against Brahmana domination was?
A) Satya Shodak Society
B) Mahajan Sangam
C) Vokkaliga Sangha
D) Nair Service Society
199) The earliest Veda is the?
200) The economy of the Indus Valley people was based on?
B) Trade and Commerce
D) All of these