You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 17
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
161) The Preamble of the Indian Constitution reads:
A) We, the people of India – adopt, enact and give to India this Constitution
B) We, the people of Constitutent Assembly –adopt, enact and give to India this Constitution
C) We, the citizens of India – adopt, enact and give to ourselves this Constitution
D) We, the people of India – in our Constituent Assembly – adopt, enact and give to ourselves this Constitution
162) The President of the Indian Union has the same constitutional authority as the:
A) British Monarch
B) President of USA
C) President of Ireland
D) President of Russia
163) The President's rule is imposed for the period of:
A) 3 months
B) 6 months
C) till the next election is held
D) it depends upon the President's wish
164) The Prime Minister is :
A) elected by Lok Sabha
B) elected by the Parliament
C) appointed by the President
D) nominated by the party enjoying majority in Lok Sabha
165) The Prime Minister is said to hold office during the pleasure of the President but in reality he stays in office as long as he enjoys the confidence of:
A) the electorate
B) the Lok Sabha
C) the party to which he belongs
166) The Prime Minister is the?
A) Head of the Government
B) Head of the State
C) Head of the State and the head of the Government
D) None of these
167) Who among the following did not serve as the Vice president before becoming president of India?
A) Dr. S Radhakrishnan
B) Dr. Zakir Hussain
C) Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy
D) R. Venkataraman
168) Who among the following fixes the salaries and the allowances of the speaker of Lok Sabha?
B) Council of Ministers
169) Who among the following has the power to form a new State within the Union of India?
B) Prime Minister
C) Supreme Court
D) Speaker of Lok Sabha
170) Who among the following is known as the Father of the Indian Constitution?
A) Dr. B R Ambedkar
B) Mahatma Gandhi
C) Jawaharlal Nehru
D) Vallabhbhai Patel