You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 18
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
171) Who among the following is/are not appointed by the President of India?
B) Chief Justice and Judges of the Supreme Court
C) Governors of the States
D) Chief Justice and Judges of the High Courts
172) The Constitution of India, was drafted and enacted in which language?
173) The Constitution:
A) is silent on the President's re-election to the office
B) allows re-election of a person to the President's post
C) restricts a person to remain President for only two terms
D) has been amended to allow a person only one term as President
174) The correct nomenclature of India according to the Preamble is:
A) Sovereign, Secular, Democratic Republic
B) Sovereign, Democratic Republic
C) Sovereign, Socialist, Secular, Democratic Republic
D) Sovereign, Secular, Socialist Democracy
175) The Crown took the Government of India into its own hands by :
A) Charter Act, 1833
B) Government of India Act, 1858
C) Indian Council Act, 1861
D) Government of India Act, 1935
176) The date of 26th January when India became a Republic, a new Constitution was adopted, because?
A) on that day in 1930, the Congress observed the Independence Day in the country
B) on that day in 1941, the Quit India Movement was started by Mahatma Gandhi.
C) on that day in 1919, the Jallianwala Bagh tragedy took place.
D) on that day in 1885, the Indian National Congress was founded.
177) The day-to-day administration of a Union Territory in India is looked after by a?
B) Lt. Governor
C) The President
D) Council of Ministers
178) The demand for the Constituent Assembly was put forward by the Indian National Congress in 1936 at its session held at :
179) The first State in India which was created on linguistic basis is
A) Andhra Pradesh
180) The first woman film star nominated to the Rajya Sabha was
A) Nargis Dutt
B) Shabana Azmi
D) Meena Kumari