You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 2
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
11) Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly?
A) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
C) Dr. B R Ambedkar
D) C Rajagopalachari
12) Who was the prime Minister of India when a Constitutional status for the Panchayati raj and urban self- governing institutions was accorded ?
A) Indira Gandhi
B) Rajeev Gandhi
C) PV Narasimha Rao
D) Atal Bihari Vaipayee
13) With what subject do the Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India deal?
A) Details of Indian Union and its territory
C) Fundamental Duties
D) Union Executive
14) In the Parliament of India Upper House is known as ?
A) Council of States
B) Rajya Sabha
C) Lok Sabha
15) Which one of the following statements is correct?
A) Preamble of the Constitution is the part of the Constitution and can be amended under Article 368
B) Preamble of the Constitution is not a part of the Constitution and cannot be amended
C) Preamble is the part of the basic structure of the Constitution and can be amended only if no change in the basic structure is made
D) Preamble can be amended by Parliament simply by an objective Resolution
16) According to Preamble, the ultimate power lies in the hands of ?
17) Acts of State done in the name of the President of India are required to be countersigned by way of authentication by:
A) a Minister
B) the Prime Minister
C) the Speaker
D) a Secretary to the Government
18) Who elects the Vice-President?
A) The same electoral college which elects the President
B) Members of the Rajya Sabha
C) An electoral college consisting of members of Parliament
D) Members of Parliament at a joint Meeting
19) Who enjoys the right to impose reasonable restrictions on the Fundamental Rights?
A) The Parliament
B) The Lok Sabha
C) The Supreme Court
D) The President
20) Who has the Authority to approve President Rule in the state ?
A) State Legislature
B) Council of State
C) Lok Sabha