You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 21
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
201) The Directive Principles of the State Policy?
A) were in the original Constitution
B) forms a separate part of the Constitution
C) were added by the 46th Amendment to the Constitution
D) None of these is true
202) The duration of proclamation of Financial Emergency is :
A) at the first instance one month
B) at the first instance two months
C) at the first instance six months
D) at the first instance one year
203) The enforcement of Directive Principles depends most on :
A) the Courts
B) an effective opposition in Parliament
C) resources available to the Government
D) public cooperation
204) What is the other name of India mentioned in our Constitution?
D) None of these
205) What is the position of a 'Minister of State' in the Central Government?
A) He is the nominee of the State Governor
B) He is the nominee of the State Cabinets
C) He looks after the interests of the State Cabinet
D) He is a Minister of Central Government but not a member of the Cabinet
206) What is the retirement age of High Court judges ?
A) 62 years
B) 60 years
C) 65 years
D) 58 years
207) What is 'zero hour'?
A) When the proposals of the opposition are considered
B) When matters of utmost importance are raised
C) Interval between the morning- and afternoon sessions
D) When a Money Bill is introduced in the Lok Sabha
208) When a financial emergency is proclaimed:
A) repayment of government debts will stop
B) payment of salaries to public servants will be postponed
C) salaries and allowances of any class of employees may be reduced
D) Union Budget will not be presented
209) When can a bill be referred to the Parliamentary Committee?
A) After general debate/discussion in the second reading
B) Just after being placed in the Parliament.
C) After partial debate/discussion.
D) After difference between two houses.
210) When can a President use his discretion in appointing the Prime Minister?
A) In all circumstances
B) In no circumstances
C) Only when the Lok Sabha has been dissolved
D) When no political party enjoys a clear majority in the Lok Sabha