You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 24
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
231) The speaker of the Lok Sabha?
A) Has no right to vote
B) Votes like any other member of the Lok Sabha
C) Votes only in case of tie
D) Has two votes-one in ordinary course and another in case of tie
232) The State which has the largest number of seats reserved for the Scheduled Tribes in the Lok Sabha is
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
233) The Supreme Court of India consists of a Chief Justice and?
A) 7 judges
B) 9 judges
C) 11 judges
D) 25 judges
234) The tenure of every Panchayat shall be for five years from the date of?
A) declaration of the election results
B) taking oath of office by the elected members
C) issue of notification for the conduct of elections of the Panchayat
D) its first meeting
235) The term 'Secularism' connotes that?
A) religion cannot be publicly practised
B) there is no discrimination between religions nor is there any patronisation or condemnations of any religion by the state
C) religions are patronised by the state
D) None of these is true
236) The theory of Check and Balances is a unique feature of the?
A) Indian Constitution
B) American Constitution
C) Japanese Constitution
D) British Constitution
237) The total number of Fundamental Duties mentioned in the Constitution is :
238) The Twelfth Schedule of the Constitution:
A) contains provrsions relating to elections to Panchayats
B) contains subjects over which Municipalities may have control
C) contains recommendations relating to establishment of State Finance Commission
D) was added by the 73rd Amendment Act
239) One of the chief defects of Universal Adult Franchise is?
A) it lays emphasis on the principle of equality
B) it leads to rule by ignorants
C) it protects the rights of minorities
D) it gives chance to a common man to be associated with the decisions of the government
240) One of the following is the constitutional power of the Indian Parliament
A) Supervising the work of state legislatures
B) Amending Indian Constitution as and when required
C) Settling disputes among various departments
D) Reviewing the work of educational institutions