You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 26
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
251) Which Article deals with the failure of the Constitutional machinery of an Indian state?
A) Article 356
B) Article 357
C) Article 358
D) Article 359
252) Which Article lays down the Union (Central Government), State, and Concurrent lists of responsibilities?
A) Article 243
B) Article 244
C) Article 245
D) Article 246
253) Which Article of Indian Constitution prescribes Hindi in Devanagari script as the official language of the Union?
A) Article 341
B) Article 343
C) Article 346
D) Article 348
254) Which of the following determines that the Indian Constitution is federal?
A) A written and rigid Constitution
B) An independent Judiciary
C) Vesting of residuary powers with the Centre
D) Distribution of powers between the Centre and States
255) Which of the following Directive Principles is based on Gandhian ideology?
A) Equal pay for equal work for both men and women
B) Uniform civil code for all citizens
C) Separation of Judiciary from Executive
D) Promotion of cottage industries
256) Which of the following exercised the most profound influence in framing the Indian Constitution ?
A) Australian constitution
B) British Constitution
C) The Government of India Act, 1935
D) U.S. Constitution
257) Which of the following features and their source is wrongly matched?
A) Judicial review – British Constitution
B) Concurrent List – Australian Constitution
C) Directive Principles – Irish Constitution
D) Fundamental Rights – US Constitution
258) Which of the following features of the Constitution of India does not resemble the American Constitution?
A) Written Constitution
B) Federal form of government
C) Fundamental Rights
D) Parliamentary form of government
259) Which of the following Fundamental Rights is also available to a foreigner on the soil of India?
A) Equality of opportunity in the matter of public employment
B) Freedoms of movement, residence and profession
C) Protection from discrimination on grounds only of religion, race, caste or sex
D) Protection of life and personal liberty against action without authority of law
260) Constitutionally which of the following has the power to make a law on the subject mentionable in the Union List?
B) Lok Sabha
C) Rajya Sabha