You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 28
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
271) Which Constitutional Article states that Hindi is the official language?
A) Article 343
B) Article 344
C) Article 345
D) Article 346
272) Under what circumstances can some of the Fundamental Rights be suspended?
A) When a proclamation of National Emergency is in operation
B) On the orders of a Court
C) During financial emergency
D) When President's rule is imposed
273) Assertion A) : The Rajya Sabha under Article 312 is empowered to create new all-India service in national interest. Reason (R) : The Rajya Sabha can define national interest better. Which is correct?
A) (A) is true, but (R) is false
B) (A) is false, but (R) is true
C) Both (A) and (R) are true, and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
D) Both (A) and (R) is false
274) Which one of the following Committees examines the report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India?
A) Committee of Estimates
B) Committee on Public Accounts
C) Joint Select Committee
D) Rules Committee
275) Constitution of India came into effect on?
A) 20th January 1949
B) 26th January 1949
C) 29th January 1950
D) 26th January 1950
276) Constitutional status to Panchayati Raj System was given by?
A) 24th amendment
B) 25th amendment
C) 42nd amendment
D) 73rd amendment
277) What are the implications of Indian being a secular state?
A) Religion will be regarded as a private affair
B) State has no religion of its own
C) There is no ethnic or religious majority or minority
D) All of these
278) What does Article 17 of the Constitution Say?
A) Practicing untouchability is an offence
B) The practice of untouchability is forbidden
C) Untouchability is abolished
D) All of these
279) What function is specifically prescribed by the Constitution for the Vice-President of India?
A) Vice-Chancellorship of Universities
B) Ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha
C) To assist the President in times of Emergency
D) None of these
280) Which of the following cannot be termed 'Gandhian' among the Directive Principles?
A) Prevention of cow slaughter
B) Promotion of cottage industries
C) Establishment of village panchayats
D) Uniform civil code for the country