You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 49
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
481) The Constitution of India describes India as
A) Union of States
B) A Federation
C) A Quasi-Federal
482) The Constitution of India was promulgated on January 26, 1950 because:
A) this day was being celebrated as the Independence Day since 1929
B) it was the wish of the framers of the Constitution
C) the British did not want to leave India earlier than this date
D) it was an auspicious day
483) The Estimate Committee consists of ?
A) 30 members from Lok Sabha
B) 30 members from Rajya Sabha
C) 30 members from both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
D) 22 members from Lok Sabha
484) The executive authority of the Union is vested by the Constitution in the:
A) Prime Minister
D) Union Legislature
485) The first effort at drafting a Dominion Status Constitution for India was made in response to the:
A) Minto-Morley Reforms
B) Montague-Chelmsford Reforms
C) Simon Commission
D) First Round Table Conference
486) Which of the following political parties was first de-recognized and later on again recognized as a National Party by Election Commission of India ?
A) Republican Party of India
B) Samajwadi Party
C) Communist Party of India-Marxist
D) Communist Party of India
487) Which of the following proved to be the most short lived of all the British constitutional experiments in India?
A) Government of India Act, 1919
B) Indian Council Act, 1909
C) Pitt's India Act, 1784
D) Government of India Act, 1935
488) Which of the following provisions in the Constitution make Indian Constitution unitary in sprit?
A) Provision for All Indian Services
B) Power to propose amendment in the Constitution are vested only in the Union Parliament
C) Parliament can make laws for the states under some circumstances
D) All of these
489) Which of the following rights conferred by the Constitution of India is also available to non-citizens?
A) Right to constitutional remedies
B) Freedom to speech
C) Freedom to move and settle in any part of the country
D) Freedom to acquire property
490) On what ground, the Supreme Court of India can accept the appeal against any High Court Judgement?
A) Law Minister has recommended in the regard.
B) That is the Fundamental Right of the person who appeals
C) It is the apex court of the country.
D) There is sufficient legal jurisdiction in it.