You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Constitution Quiz Set No. 50
Constitution questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
491) On whom does the Constitution confer special responsibility for the enforcement of Fundamental Rights?
B) Supreme Court
D) State legislature
492) If the Prime Minister of India belonged to the Upper House of Parliament?
A) he can make statements only on the Upper House
B) he will not be able to vote in his favour in the event of a no-confidence motion
C) he has to become a member of the Lower House within six months after being sworn-in as the Prime Minister
D) he will not be able to speak on the Budget in the Lower House
493) If the Speaker of the Lok Sabha intends to vacate his office before the expiry of his term, he sends his resignation to the?
A) Leader of the House (Lok Sabha)
B) Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
C) President of India
D) Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
494) Planning Commission is established by?
A) The Cabinet resolution
B) The Prime Minister
C) The President
D) The Parliament resolution
495) The Ninth Schedule was added by the ______ Amendment.
496) The office of Governor General of India was created by:
A) Charter Act, 1813
B) Charter Act, 1833
C) Government of India Act, 1858
D) Government of India Act, 1935
497) The Ordinances issued by the Governor are subject to approval by?
A) the Parliament
B) the State Legislature
C) the Chief Minister
D) the President
498) The portfolios are allocated to the ministers by:
A) the President
B) the Prime Minister
C) collective decision of the Council of Ministers
D) individual choice
499) The power to grant pardons, reprieve or remissions of punishment under Article 72 is exercised by the President of India:
A) on the advice of the Prime Minister
B) on his own as Head of the Union
C) on the advice of Council of Ministers
D) in consultation with the Prime Minister who tenders his opinion on the advice of his cabinet
500) The Preamble of our Constitution:
A) is a part of the Constitution
B) contains the spirit of the Constitution
C) is a limitation upon the granted power
D) None of these