You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Economics Quiz Set No. 27
Economics questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
261) Which of the following is at the apex of Industrial Finance in India?
A) Industrial Finance Corporation
B) Reserve Bank of India
C) Industrial Development Bank of India
D) Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
262) Which of the following is called a 'banker's cheque' ?
A) Demand draft
B) Debit card
C) Pay order
D) Fixed deposit
263) Which of the following is correct regarding the Gross Domestic Savings in India?
A) Contribution of Government sector is the largest
B) Contribution of Household sector is the largest
C) Contribution of Corporate sector is the largest
D) Contribution of Corporate sector is the shortest
264) Which of the following is not a Direct Tax?
A) Sales Tax
B) Income Tax
C) Wealth Tax
D) Estate Duty
265) Which of the following is not a method of estimating national income?
A) Value - added method
B) Income method
C) Export - Import method
D) Expenditure method
266) Which of the following is not a part of machinery that settles industrial disputes?
A) Board of Conciliation
B) Wage Court
C) Works Committee
D) Conciliation officers
267) Which of the following is not correct?
A) I Plan : 1951-1956
B) III Plan : 1966-1971
C) VI Plan : 1980-1985
D) XI Plan : 2007-2012
268) Which of the following is not helpful in controlling money supply?
A) Free market policy
C) Bank Rate
D) Change in margin requirement
269) Which of the following is not true about the Reserve Bank of India?
A) It regulates the currency and credit system of India
B) It maintains the exchange value of the rupee
C) Foreign exchange reserves are kept by RBI
D) One rupee notes and coins are issued by RBI
270) Which of the following is not viewed as a national debt?
A) National Saving Certificate
B) Provident Fund
C) Life Insurance Policies
D) Long-term Government Bonds