You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Economics Quiz Set No. 29
Economics questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
281) Which of the following Union Government taxes gives the highest annual yield?
A) Custom duties
B) Excise Duties
C) Corporation tax and income tax
D) wealth tax, interest tax and gift tax
282) Which one of the following Five-Year Plans recognised human development as the core of all developmental efforts?
A) The Third Five-Year Plan
B) The Fifth Five-Year Plan
C) The Sixth Five-Year Plan
D) The Eighth Five-Year Plan
283) Which one of the following is a driving force influencing the industrial growth of an economy?
A) Economic Factors only
B) Investment only
C) Innovation/Market Base only
D) All of these
284) Which one of the following pairs of goods is an example for Joint Supply?
A) Wool & Mutton
B) Tooth Brush & Paste
C) Ink & Pen
D) Coffee & Tea
285) Which two of the following nationalized banks have been merged as per the recommendation of the Narsimhan Committee?
A) New Bank of India and Bank of India
B) Central Bank of India and Corporation Bank
C) Parur Bank of India and Bank of India
D) Punjab National Bank and New Bank of India
286) Who advocated the 'PURA' model to eradicate rural poverty?
A) A M Khusro
B) M S Swaminathan
C) Moulana Abul kalam Azad
D) Dr A P J Abdul Kalam
287) Who among the following are not protected against inflation?
A) Salaried class
B) Industrial workers
D) Agricultural farmers
288) Who among the following is most benefitted from inflation?
A) Government pensioners
C) Savings Bank Account holders
289) Who among the following was the first Chairman of the Planning Commission?
A) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
B) Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru
C) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
D) J B Kripalani
290) Who benefits the most during the inflationary period?
A) government servants
B) corporate servants