You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Economics Quiz Set No. 8
Economics questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
71) Growth rate of population means
A) The difference of growth between male and female.
B) The difference in population between urban and rural area.
C) The number of births per thousand people.
D) The difference between birth and death rates.
72) Hard Currency is defined as currency:
A) which can hardly be used for international transactions
B) which is used in times of war
C) which loses its value very fast
D) traded in foreign exchange market for which demand is persistently relative to the supply
73) If the price of an inferior good falls, then its demand
C) Remains constant
D) Can be any of these
74) If the RBI adopts an expansionist open market operations policy, this means that it will?
A) Openly announce to the market that it intends to expand credit
B) Sell securities in the open market
C) Offer commercial banks more credit in the open market
D) Buy securities from non-government holders
75) In a free economy, inequalities of income are mainly due to ?
A) Free competition
B) Private property and inheritance
C) Differences in the marginal productivity of labour
D) Private property only
76) In equilibrium, a perfectly competitive firm will equate
A) Marginal social cost with marginal social benefit
B) Market supply with market demand
C) Marginal profit with marginal cost
D) Marginal revenue with marginal cost
77) In estimating the budgetary deficit, the official approach in India is to exclude
A) Long term borrowings from the market
B) Borrowings from the Reserve Bank of India
C) Drawing down of the cash balance
D) Borrowings from Reserve Bank in the form of ways and means advance
78) In general our five year plans aim at making our country to attain the status of a/an?
A) Rich country
B) Developed country
C) Self sufficient country
D) Industrially advanced country
79) In India largest share of revenue comes from?
A) Direct Taxes
B) Excise Duties
C) Sales Tax
D) None of these
80) In India which of the following measures of Money denotes the Broad Money ?