You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 37
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
361) Why is that India has one of the lowest agricultural yields in the world?
A) Summers are very hot
B) Lack of fertile soil
C) Farmers being poor and illiterate do not use modern farming techniques
D) Occurrence of frost at night
362) To which group do the tribals of central and southern India belong?
363) Why has the Green Revolution benefitted only a small section of India?
A) Large dependence on manual labour
B) Poor storage facilities
C) Poor farm management and administration
D) All of these
364) Which one among the following is nearest to the Tropic of Cancer?
365) The Tropic of Cancer passes through:
C) Uttar Pradesh
366) The present demographic transition of India is indicative of:
A) High population growth potential but low actual growth
B) High population growth potential and high actual growth
C) Partial industrialised economy
D) Typically increasing urbanization
367) Which one of the following pairs of states and tribes is not correctly matched?
A) Assam: Miri
B) Nagaland : Konyak
C) Arunachal Pradesh : Apatani
D) Madhya Pradesh : Lambada
368) Which of the following tribes is not found in Central India ?
369) In which of the following towns does the LMT (Local Meridian Time) show the greatest deviation from the 1ST (Indian Standard Time) ?
370) What separates Daman and Diu?
A) Narmada River
B) Gulf of Khambat
C) Gir Hills
D) Tapti River