You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 40
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
391) The longest river of peninsular India is :
392) Which of the following rivers meet Ganga in Bihar? (1) Ghagra, (2) Gandak, (3) Son, (4) Punpun.
A) 1, 2 and 4
B) 1, 3 and 4
C) 2 and 4
D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
393) Which of the following river is known as India's River of Sorrow?
394) The highest waterfall in India is :
395) In which state is Jog Falls located?
C) Tamil Nadu
396) Which of these rivers build a common delta? (1) Ganga, (2) Brahmaputra, (3) Godavari, (4) Krishna.
A) 1 and 4
B) 1 and 3
C) 1 and 2
D) 3 and 4
397) The Sivasamudram Falls is on :
D) None of these
398) The Bhakra Nangal Multipurpose Project is a joint venture of:
A) Punjab and Haryana only
B) Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan only
C) Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh only
D) Punjab and Himachal Pradesh only
399) Wular lake of Kashmir is a :
A) Ox- bow lake
B) Lake formed by blocking of ice
C) Lake formed by terminal morainic dam
D) Lake formed by deposition of silt
400) The second largest river basin in India is of the river: