You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 44
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
431) Which of the following rivers joins Ganga at Allahabad ?
432) Which of the following groups of rivers fall in the Bay of Bengal?
A) Ganga, Brahmaputra, Hooghly
B) Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari
C) Ganga, Yamuna, Brahmaputra
D) Ganga, Yamuna, Gandak
433) Which one of the following states does not form part of the Narmada basin?
D) Madhya Pradesh
434) Narmada river originates from Amarkantak in:
C) Madhya Pradesh
435) Which one of the following is a north flowing river?
436) The river Cauvery flows from:
A) Andhra Pradesh to Tamil Nadu
B) Karnataka to Maharashtra
C) Karnataka to Tamil Nadu
D) Kerala to Tamil Nadu
437) Which of the following rivers flows between the Vindhya and Satpura ranges?
438) Which of the following is an east following river of Indian Peninsula?
439) Which one of the following statements in not correct?
A) Mahanadi River rises in Chattisgarh
B) Godavari River rises in Maharashtra
C) Cauvery River rises in Andhra Pradesh
D) Tapti River rises in Madhya Pradesh
440) Among the following areas, the widest continental shelf of India is found:
A) around the Gulf of Cambay
B) around the Konkan coast
C) off the Krishna and Godavari deltas
D) around the Palk strait