You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 45
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
441) Which one of the following lakes in India has the highest water salinity?
442) Which of the following states has the largest number of salt lakes in India?
A) West Bengal
443) Which one of the following rivers flow between Vindhyan and Satpura ranges?
444) Amravati, Bhavani, Hemavati and Kabini are tributaries of which one of the following rivers?
445) Which of the following tributaries of the Ganga System flows northwards?
446) Which one of the following cities is not located on the bank of river Ganga?
447) Among the following rivers, which one is the longest?
448) The formation of laterite soil is mainly due to:
449) Which of the following are the components of loamy soils? (1) Red soil, (2) Clay soil, (3) Alluvial soil, (4) Silt soil, (5) Sandy soil.
A) I and II
B) I, III and IV
C) II and V
D) II, III and V
450) Soil can best be conserved on the hills by which of the cultivating methods?
A) Strip cropping
B) Crop rotation
C) Contour ploughing