You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 46
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
451) Which of the following is not a tropical type of soil?
A) Red soil
B) Desert soil
C) Black soil
D) Brown soil
452) What do you understand by the word regur ?
A) Black soil found in the Deccan
B) Grey-brown soil found in Russia
C) Red, colour sticky soil, found in the Amazon area
D) Black soil found in northern Argentina
453) Which of the following soils is most suitable for cultivation of cereals?
A) Alluvial soils
B) Red soils
C) Laterite soils
D) None of these
454) Which of the following types of soils have a marked capacity to retain water?
A) Desert soil
B) Laterite soil
C) Red soil
D) Regur soil
455) Under which climatic conditions do the laterite soils develop ?
A) Wet tropical climate
B) Hot and dry climate
C) Cold temperature climate
D) Mediterranean type of climate
456) Deforestation results in : (1) flora destruction, (2) fauna destruction, (3) ecological disbalance.
A) 2 and 3
B) 1, 2 and 3
C) 1 only
D) 1 and 3
457) The soil formed by the deposition of silt brought by rivers is :
A) alluvial soil
B) red soil
C) black soil
D) pod soil
458) The Red soils develop a reddish colour due to:
A) deforestation and over-grazing
B) the presence of potash and magnesia
C) tropical monsoonal climate
D) a wide diffusion of iron in ancient crystalline and metamorphic jacks
459) Which of the following soils is very hard to cultivate?
460) The soil which is a mixture of sand, clay and silt is known as:
A) loamy soil
B) sandy soil
C) clayey soil
D) desert soil