You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 49
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
481) Among the following places, the average annual rainfall is highest at :
482) Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
A) Teak : Jammu and Kashmir
B) Deodar : Madhya Pradesh
C) Sandalwood : Kerala
D) Sundari : West Bengal
483) The nature of the winter rainfall in north western India is :
484) Which of the following functions performed by a forest help most in controlling drought?
A) forests act as water sheds
B) forests bring rainfall in monsoon
C) forests lower the temperature of the environment
D) forests prevent soil erosion
485) Which one of the following shows the correct sequence of places in descending order of the average summer rainfall ?
A) Jaisalmer, Pune, Allahabad, Cherapunji
B) Cherapunji, Jaisalmer, Pune, Allahabad
C) Allahabad, Pune, Jaisalmer, Cherapunji
D) Cherapunji, Allahabad, Pune, Jaisalmer
486) In which season is the frequency of tropical cyclones in the Bay of Bengal maximum?
A) During monsoon
B) After summer
C) During winter
D) During autumn
487) The north-western India receives substantial rainfall during winter months because of:
A) south-west monsoons
B) retreating monsoons
C) north-east monsoons
D) westerly disturbances
488) In which of the following states, retreating monsoon has more effect?
B) West Bengal
D) Tamil Nadu
489) Which one of the following states receives the highest rainfall during winter months?
D) Tamil Nadu
490) Arrange the following cities in decreasing order of the rainfall they receive from the south-west monsoons in summer months: (1) Allahabad, (2) Kolkata, (3) Delhi, (4) Patna.
A) 2, 4, 1, 3
B) 3, 1, 4, 2
C) 1, 4, 3, 2
D) 2, 4, 3, 1