You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> Geography Quiz Set No. 50
Geography questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
491) The climate of India is:
A) tropical climate
B) sub-tropical climate
C) savanna type of climate
D) subtropical monsoon
492) Natural Vegetation refers to:
A) a plant community that has been left undisturbed over a long time
B) plant species which live and grow together
C) a protected area created by using contour bunding
D) All of these
493) What do you mean by 'reserved forest' ?
A) Reserved for local use
B) Reserved for commercial exploitation
C) Reserved for hunting
D) Reserved for growing medicinal herbs
494) Moist tropical evergreen forests are found in:
A) the Shillong plateau
B) the Siwaliks
C) the Deccan plateau
D) Southern India
495) Which of the following is not a species of tropical moist deciduous forests?
496) The reason for Rajasthan being deficient in rainfall is:
A) the monsoon fail to reach this area
B) it is too hot
C) there is no water available and thus the winds remain dry
D) the winds do not come across any barrier to cause necessary uplift to be cooled
497) Select the correct sequence in the decreasing order of contribution to the forest cover in India:
A) Dense forest - Open forest - Mangrove forest
B) Open forest – Dense forest – Mangrove forest
C) Dense forest - Mangrove forest - Open forest
D) Open forest - Mangrove forest - Dense forest
498) Which of the following is recognised as a season by the meteorological department of India ?
A) Cold weather
B) Hot weather
C) Retreating monsoon
D) North-eastern monsoon
499) Which of the following factors does not have influence on the Indian climate?
A) Presence of Indian Ocean
B) Nearness to equator
D) Ocean currents
500) Which one of the following cities never experiences vertical rays of the sun during noon?
D) New Delhi