You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 10
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
91) In 1892, who became the first Indian to be elected to the House of Commons (lower house of British Parliament) ?
A) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
B) Motilal Nehru
C) Mahatma Gandhi
D) Dadabhai Naoroji
92) In 1925, who founded the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in Nagpur ?
A) Lala Har Dayal
B) Vir Savarkar
C) Keshava Baliram Hedgewar
93) In 1930, Mahatma Gandhi started the Civil Disobedience Movement from:
94) In 1990, which district of Kerala became the first fully literate district of India ?
95) In collaboration with Dravid hare and Alexander Duff, who established the Hindu College at Calcutta?
A) Henry Louis Derozio
B) Keshab Chandra Sen
C) Raja Rammohan Roy
D) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
96) In February 2009, which Indian music maestro won the Grammy Award for his collaborative music album 'Golden Drum Project' ?
A) Amjad Ali Khan
B) Zakir Hussain
C) Pt. Ravi Shankar
D) Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharm
97) In Gandhara sculptures the preaching mudra associated with the Buddha's first sermon at Sarnath is?
98) In his autobiography, Babur has given less details about which of the following?
A) Social life and the pattern of the life of people
B) Political condition of India
C) Description of Nature
99) In his first voyage to India, at which place did Vasco da Gama land on 20 May 1498 ?
A) Kochi (Cochin)
B) Mumbai (Bombay
C) Kozhikode (Calicut)
100) In Jainism the aim of life is to attain Nirvana or Moksha for which one has to:
A) follow three jewels and five vows
B) practice, non-violence and non-injury to all living beings
C) renounce the world and attain right knowledge
D) believe in the Jains and absolute non-violence