You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 16
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
151) Panini, the first Grammarian of Sanskrit language in India, lived during the?
A) 2nd Century A. D.
B) 6th -5th Century B. C.
C) 6th -5th Century A.D.
D) 2nd Century B. C.
152) Permanent Settlement of Bengal was done by British Governor-General
A) Lord Minto
B) Lord Wellesly
C) Lord Warren Hastings
D) Lord Cornwallis
153) Poet Kalidasa lived in the court of:
A) Chandragupta Maurya
C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
154) Porus was defeated by Alexander at the battle of:
155) Project Tiger was introduced in
156) Rabindranath Tagore surrendered his knighthood in protest against:
A) Martial law in Punjab
B) Jallianwala Bagh tragedy
C) Rowlatt Acts
D) All of these
157) Raja Rammohan Roy and David Hare were associated with the foundation of the
A) Hindu College
B) Rippon College
C) M. A. O. College
D) Sanskrit College
158) Rajatarangini was written by?
C) Harsha Vardhana
159) Shahjahan built the Moti Masjid at
160) Sikkim became a full fledged state of the Indian Union, in the year?