You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 2
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
11) Alexander stayed in India for
A) 15 months
B) 25 months
C) 19 months
D) 22 months
12) Alexander the great, was obliged to go back because:
A) he fell ill
B) he suffered defeat in India
C) his forces refused to go further
D) he did not like India
13) Ali brothers are related to which of the following?
A) Quit India Movement
B) Civil Disobedience Movement
C) Khilafat Movement
D) Partition of Bengal
14) Among the following Presidents of India, who was also the Secretary General of Non-Aligned Movement for some period?
A) Giani Zail Singh
B) Dr. Shanker Dayal Sharma
C) Varahagiri Venkatagiri
D) Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
15) Among the following, who is given the credit of carrying Jainism in South India?
16) Among the four works mentioned below which one is encyclopaedic in nature?
C) Brhat Samhita
17) Amongst the following, who cooperated with Raja Ram Mohan Roy in the implementation of his educational programmes?
A) Henri Derozio
B) William Jones
C) David Hare
D) Dwarkanath Tagore
18) Architectural developments In India manifested themselves in their full glory during the period of the:
19) Aryabhatta and Varahamihira belong to which age?
20) As a token of protest against Jallianwala Bagh massacre on 13 April 1919, who returned the Knighthood conferred on him by the British Government ?
A) Rabindranath Tagore
B) Syed Ahmed Khan
C) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
D) Gopal Krishna Gokhle