You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 28
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
271) The proud title of 'Vikramaditya' had been assumed by:
B) Chandragupta II
272) The Red Fort at Delhi was built by?
273) The resolution for non-cooperation was passed by?
A) Simultaneously by the Congress and Khilafat Committee
B) By the Congress at the special session held in Calcutta in 1920
C) By the Khilafat Committee
D) By Gandhi immediately after the Jallianwalla Bagh Tragedy
274) The Revolt of 1857 failed mainly because:
A) of superior resources of the British empire
B) of lack of planning and leadership
C) it had very little nationalist sentiment
D) it was localised, restricted and scattered
275) The ruins of Harappa were first noticed by
A) Charles Mason
B) Dr. Sahni
C) M. Wheeler
D) M.S. Vats
276) The rules of Buddhist monistic life are laid down, primarily, in?
277) The Ryotwari settlement was introduced by the British in the?
A) Bombay Presidency
B) Bengal Presidency
C) Madras Presidency
D) Bombay and Madras Presidency
278) The Saka Era was founded by:
A) Kadphises I
279) The Second Round Table Conference failed over the question of:
A) communal representation
B) suspension of Civil Disobedience Movement
C) grant of dominion status
D) date of transfer of power
280) The Servants of India Society was founded in 1905 by:
A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
B) Lala Lajpat Rai
C) Gopal Krishan Gokhle
D) Aurobindo Ghosh