You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 29
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
281) The significance of the Bengal Regulation of 1793 lies in the fact that?
A) It provided for the appointment of the Indian Law Commission
B) It accommodated the personal laws of Hindu and Muslims
C) It provided for the establishment of the Supreme Court
D) It restricted the application of English law to English men only
282) The Sikh Guru who was killed by the orders of Aurangzeb was?
A) Guru Ramdas
B) Guru Tegh Bahadur
C) Guru Gobind Singh
D) Guru Arjun Dev
283) The site of birth [nativity] of Gautam Buddha is marked by
A) a Peepal tree
B) a monastery
C) a 'Rummindei Pillar' of Ashok Maurya
D) a statue
284) The social reformer of Maharashtra who became famous by his pen name lokhitwadi was:
A) Atmaram Panduranga
B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
C) Gopal Hari Deshmukh
D) KS Chaplunkar
285) The sole representative of the Congress in the Second Round Table Conference was:
A) Subhas Chandra Bose
B) Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru
C) Mahatma Gandhi
D) Jawaharlal Nehru
286) The Special Congress Session held in 1920 at Calcutta was presided over by:
A) Jawaharlal Nehru
B) LaIa Lajpat Rai
C) Mahatma Gandhi
D) Subhas Chandra Bose
287) The statue of Gomateshwara at Sravanabelagola was built by?
D) Krishnadeva Raya
288) The Sultan who called himself 'Naib-e-Khuda' was?
C) Alauddin Khilji
D) Ibrahim Lodi
289) The Sun Temple of Konark was built by Narasimhadeva I. To which dynasty did he belong to?
A) Eastern Ganga dynasty
B) Bhoj dynasty
C) Suryavamsi Gajapati dynasty
D) Somavamsi dynasty
290) The Supreme Court was established in Calcutta in
D) None of these