You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 31
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
301) The war criminals of the Second World War were put to trial in
302) The word 'Hindu' as reference to the people of Hind (India) was first used by?
A) The Romans
B) The Arabs
C) The Greeks
D) The Mongolian
303) The word 'Veda' has been derived from the root word 'Vid' which means:
304) The writer of Tabqat-i-Nasiri was?
A) Abul Fazal
305) The writer of the 'Kalpasutra' was?
306) There are only two known examples of cave paintings of the Gupta period in ancient India. One of these is paintings of Ajanta Caves. Where is the other surviving example of Gupta paintings?
A) Ellora Caves
B) Nasik caves
C) Bagh Caves
D) Ajanta Caves
307) This Vedic God was 'a breaker of the forts' and also a 'war god':
308) To commemorate the conquest of the Ranthambhor fort in Gujarat, which Mughal ruler built Buland Darwaza at Fatehpur Sikri?
309) To propagate his Dhamma, Asoka used the services of?
D) All of these
310) To the Greeks, which Maurya ruler was known as 'Sandrokottos'?
B) Chandragupta Maurya
C) Dasaratha Maurya