You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 33
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
321) What is the correct chronological order in which the following kings ruled in India? 1. Bimbisara 2. Mahapadma Nanda 3. Kanishka I 4. Skandagupta Select the correct answer using the option given below?
A) 1-2-3- 4
322) What is the correct chronological order of Gandhian Movements ? 1. Rowlatt Acts Movement 2. Khera Movement 3. Champaran Movement 4. Ahmedabad Mill strike?
A) 3, 2, 4, 1
B) 1, 2, 3, 4
C) 4, 3, 2, 1
D) 3, 4, 2, 1
323) What is the name of the era on which the National Calendar of India is based?
A) Vikram era
B) Kali era
C) Saka era
D) Harsha era
324) What prompted the British Government to arrest Gandhi and get him convicted after the suspension of the Non-cooperation movement ?
A) It took advantage of the division among the nationalist forces caused by the suspension of the Non-c
B) It wanted to save Gandhi from public disgrace for suspending the movement
C) It wanted to ensure that there was no resurgence of the movement
D) It wanted to create terror in the hearts of other nationalists
325) What was Gandhi holding on March 12th 1930 when he announced to a crowd, 'With this _____ I am shaking the foundations of the British Empire'?
A) A length of spun
B) A handful of salt
C) A policeman's collar
D) A document pronouncing India's independence
326) What was the code name of five nuclear tests conducted by India in May 1998, near Pokhran in Rajasthan ?
A) Operation Vijay
B) Operation Cactus
C) Operation Shakti
D) Operation Ashwamedh
327) What was the immediate cause for the launch of the Swadeshi movement?
A) A sentence of 18 months rigorous imprisonment imposed on Lokmanya Tilak.
B) Death sentence pronounced on the Chapekar brothers.
C) The arrest and deportation of Lala Lajput Rai and Ajit Singh, and passing of the Punjab Colonization Bill.
D) The partition of Bengal done by Lord Curzon.
328) What was the immediate reaction of the government to the Salt Satyagraha and the Dandi March?
A) The Congress was banned
B) It did not take it seriously
C) It took measures to prevent the mischief from spreading
D) The government resorted to repressive measures
329) What was the immediate reason for Ahmad Shah Abdali to invade India and fight the Third Battle of Panipat?
A) He wanted to annex all the fertile plains of Punjab up to the borders of Delhi to his kingdom.
B) He wanted to avenge the expulsion by Marathas of his victory Timur Shah from Lahore.
C) He wanted to punish Mughal administration for non-payment of the revenues of the Chahar Mahal (Gujarat, Aurangabad, Sialkot and Pasrur)
D) The frustrated governor of Jullundhar Adina Beg Khan invited him to invade Punjab.
330) What was the main difference between the Indus Valley Civilization and Vedic Civilization?
A) Pipal' tree was worshiped in Indus Valley Civilization, while 'Burgad' tree was worshiped in Vedic Civilization.
B) The main emphasis in Indus Valley Civilization was on trade while in the Vedic Age was on religion.
C) Indus Valley Civilization believed in non-violence while Vedic Civilization had no hard and fast rules about violence
D) Indus Valley Civilization was urban, while the Vedic Civilization was rural.