You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 34
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
331) What was the name of the Ashram built by Mahatma Gandhi near Johannesberg in South Africa?
A) Satya Ashram
B) Ahimsa Ashram
C) Tolstoy Farm
D) Lenin Farm
332) What was the name of the Hall of Worship constructed by Akbar?
C) Ibadat Khana
D) Buland Darwaza
333) What was the reason or ground for the British Empire to annex Sambalpur in 1850?
A) Subsidiary Alliance
B) Death of its ruler without any heir
C) Its involvement in a conspiracy against British Rule
D) Lack of proper governance
334) What were the districts called in the Vijayanagar Empire?
335) When Alexander invaded India, Magadha was being ruled by the:
336) When did Kasturba Gandhi die in prison ?
337) When did Vasco-da-Gama come to India?
338) When the fully developed splendid form of temple architecture emerged in India?
A) Fourth century B. C
B) Sixth century A. D.
C) Eight century A. D.
D) First century B. C.
339) When was Burma separated from India?
340) When was the first Independence day unofficially celebrated before Independence?
A) On 26th January 1929
B) On 26th January 1931
C) On 26th January 1935
D) On 26th January 1930