You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 38
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
371) Which of the following does not have a Stupa?
372) Which of the following Government of India programmes aims to help, build or upgrade dwelling units of below the poverty line rural families?
A) Jawahar Rozgar Yojana
B) Indira Awaas Yojana
C) Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
D) National Social Assistance Programme
373) Which of the following is associated with Lord Wellesley, the Governor General of India from 1798 to 1805?
A) First Mysore War
B) Conquest of Rajputana
C) Doctrine of Lapse
D) Subsidiary Alliance
374) Which of the following is the single most important source of the history of Ashoka?
A) Sri Lankan chronicles Dipavamsa and Mahavamsa
B) Buddhist works Divyavadana and Ashokavadana
C) Inscriptions of Ashoka
D) Archaeological Sources and the Puranas
375) Which of the following kings of ancient India embraced Jainism and became a Sanyasi?
A) Chandra Gupta Maurya
376) Which of the following law givers of the post-Gupta period declared that Sudras were not slaves by nature?
377) Which of the following leaders died as a result of Injuries sustained during a protest demonstration against Simon Commission?
A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
B) Dadabhai Naoroji
C) Goplakrishna Gokhale
D) LaIa Lajpat Rai
378) Which of the following metals was not known to the Indus valley people?
379) Which of the following Minor Rock Edicts of Ashoka describes the Conquest of Kalinga by Ashoka?
A) No. XIII
B) No. X
C) No. XI
D) No. XII
380) Which of the following monuments is the oldest?
A) Qutub Minar
C) Ajanta Caves
D) Taj Mahal