You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 4
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
31) At which place did Gautam Buddha attain Mahaparinirvana (salvation)?
D) Bodh Gaya
32) At which place Mohenjodaro is situated?
D) Sindh Province of Pakistan
33) At which place was the All India Khilafat Conference held in 1919?
34) Azad Hind Fauj was founded in 1943 at which place?
B) Kuala Lumpur
35) Balban's greatest achievement was?
A) defence against the Mongols
B) curbing of the power of nobles
C) establishment of peace and security
D) suppression of revolts
36) Before Independence there were approximately 568 Princely states in India. Which was the largest Princely State to join the Indian Union?
B) Jammu and Kashmir
37) Bhagavatiam refers to worship of:
A) Vasudeva Krishna
D) Durga as Shakti
38) Buddha delivered his first sermon at:
39) Buddhism was divided into Mahayana and Hinayana during the reign of:
40) By a regulation in 1793, the District Collector was deprived of his judicial powers and made the collecting agent only. What was the reason for such regulation?
A) Lord Cornwallis felt that the District Collector's efficiency of revenue collection would enormously increase without the burden of other work.
B) Lord Cornwallis was alarmed at the extent of power concentrated in the District Collector and felt that such absolute power was undesirable in one person.
C) Lord Cornwallis felt that Judicial power should compulsorily be in the hands of Europeans while Indians can be given the job of revenue collection in the districts
D) The judicial work demanded a deep knowledge of India and a good training in law and Lord Cornwallis felt that District Collector should be only a revenue collector?