You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 41
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
401) Which one of the following observations is not true about the Quit India Movement of 1942?
A) It was led by Mahatma Gandhi
B) It was a spontaneous movement
C) It was a non-violent movement
D) It did not attract the labour class in general
402) Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
A) Battle of Buxar - Mir Jafar Vs Clive
B) Battle of Kharda - Nizam Vs East India Company
C) First Battle of Terrain - Prithvi Raj Chauhan Vs Alexandar
D) Battle of Wandiwash - French Vs East India Company
403) Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
A) Chaturvarnya - Four Ashrams
B) Shudra - Service to three varnas
C) Mahamatra - Superior Officials
D) Dharamshastra - Works on religion and philosophy
404) Which one of the following settlements comprised Zamindar as middleman to collect the land revenue?
A) Ryotwari Settlement
B) Mahalwari Settlement
C) Permanent SettlemenT
D) None of these
405) Which one of the following usages was a post-Vedic development?
406) Which royal poet of Delhi Sultanate is regarded as the 'Father of Qawwali' ?
A) Amir Khusro
B) Nayak Charju
C) Baiju Bawra
407) Which ruler went to Sri Lanka to spread Buddhism?
408) Which Viceroy of India effected the Partition of Bengal in 1905?
A) Lord Hardinge
B) Lord Bentinck
C) Lord Curzon
D) Lord Irwin
409) Which was the first National News Agency of India?
A) The Associated Press of India
B) The Free Press of India
C) The Indian Review
D) None of these
410) Which was the first state in the India to be formed on a purely linguistic basis, in 1953?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
D) West Bengal