You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 49
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
481) Who was the grandson of Ashoka?
482) Who was the mother of Mahavira?
483) Who was the president of Indian National Congress at the time of Independence?
A) J B Kriplani
B) Sarojini Naidu
C) Sardar Patel
D) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
484) Who was the Prime Minister of Britain when India got independence ?
A) Clement Attlee
B) Winston Churchill
C) Neville Chamberlain
D) Stanley Baldwin
485) Who was the Viceroy of India during the Jalianwala Bagh tragedy in 1919?
A) Lord Dalhousie
B) Lord Chelmsford
C) Lord William Bentinck
D) Lord Irwin
486) Who was the Viceroy of India when Simon Commission visited India?
A) Lord Irwin
B) Lord Reading
C) Lord Ripon
D) Lord Dalhousie
487) Who were the Ahdis of Akbar's time?
A) Cashiers working in diwani
B) Foot-soldiers in the army
C) Village guards
D) Village level money-lenders
488) Who wrote Mrichchhakatika (Clay Cart)?
489) Who wrote the book Akbarnama?
B) Abul Fazl
D) Todar Mal
490) Who wrote the book Ashtadhyayi?