You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> History Quiz Set No. 50
History questions have been taken from previous years questions paper of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
491) Who wrote the book Discovery of India?
A) Bal Gangadhr Tilak
B) Mahatma Gandhi
C) Jawaharlal Nehru
D) Sardar Patel
492) Who wrote the Indian National Anthem 'Jana Gana Mana'?
A) Rabindranath Tagore
B) Bankim Chandra Chatterje
C) Ram Prasad Bismil
D) Muhammad Iqbal
493) Whom did Babur defeated in the first battle of Panipat to establish mughal rule in India?
A) Sikandar Lodhi
B) Daulat Lodhi
C) Bahlul Lodhi
D) Ibrahim Lodhi
494) Whom did Rash Behari targeted to assassin in the year 1912?
A) Lord Dalhousie
B) Lord Curzon
C) Lord Canning
D) Lord Hardinge
495) Why were the Congress leaders disappointed with the Cripps Mission (1942)?
A) They wanted full independence rather than Dominion Status.
B) The Mission's proposals had not paid attention to the demands of the Muslim League.
C) They did not want to share in the responsibility for the defence of India.
D) None of these
496) With reference to Indian freedom struggle, Usha Mehta is well-known for?
A) Participating in the Second Round Table Conference
B) Leading a contingent of Indian National Army
C) Running the secret Congress Radio in the wake of Quit India Movement
D) Assisting in the formation of Interim Government under Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
497) With which event did the Civil Disobedience Movement started?
A) Protesting high land Revenue
B) Boycotting foreign clothes
C) Prohibition of wine
D) Breaking salt law
498) With which one of the following movements is the slogan 'Do or die' associated?
A) Quit India Movement
B) Swadeshi Movement
C) Non-Cooperation Movement
D) Civil Disobedience Movement
499) With whom of the following Muhammad Ghori aligned against Khusrau Shah?
A) King of Jammu
B) King of Peshawar
C) King of Multan
D) King of Gujarat
500) With whose permission did the English set up their first factory in Surat?