You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 1
Questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
1) A tree's age can be found by?
A) counting the number of annual rings
B) counting the number of branches
C) measuring its height
D) measuring its girth
2) Acute lead poisoning is also known as?
3) Which of the following is the best conductor of electricity?
A) Cold water
B) Saline water
C) Distilled water
D) Warm water
4) A balloon filled with helium rises in air because?
A) Air exerts an upward force on the balloon
B) The balloon is weightless
C) Helium is less dense than air
D) Helium pushes down on the air below the balloon
5) A body has a mass of 6 kg on the Earth
A) when measured on the Moon, its mass would be?
B) less than 6 kg
C) 6 kg
D) less than 1 kg
6) A body is charged negatively. It implies that?
A) it has acquired some electrons from outside
B) it has lost some of its electrons
C) it has lost some of its protons
D) None of these
7) A chemical reaction that takes place with the evolution of heat is called a/an:
A) Reversible reaction
B) Endothermic reaction
C) Thermal reaction
D) Exothermic reaction
8) A chronometer measures:
A) Sound waves
C) Water waves
D) Colour contrast
9) A close bottle containing water at room temperature is taken to the Moon and than the lid is opened. The water will?
C) decompose into oxygen and hydrogen
D) not change at all
10) A compound used in medicine as a pain killer is
D) Ethyl alcohol