You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 11
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
101) Fly wheel is an important part of a steam engine because it
A) gives strength to the engine
B) accelerates the speed of the engine
C) helps the engine in keeping the speed uniform
D) decreases the moment of inertia
102) For red colour, compounds of which element are commonly used in fireworks ?
103) For which of the following substances, the resistance decreases with increase in temperature?
D) Pure Silicon
104) For which one among the following diseases there is no vaccine till date??
105) Formaldehyde is the starting material for the manufacture of:
A) D. D. T.
106) From which mineral is radium obtained:
107) Galena is the principal ore of which element ?
108) Gene was first isolated by?
A) J. C. Bose
B) Hargobind Khurana
C) S. Chandrashekar
D) C. V. Raman
109) German Silver is an alloy of:
A) Copper, Silver & Nickel
B) Silver, Copper & Aluminium
C) Zinc, Copper & Nickel
D) Silver, Zinc & Nickel
110) Glass is actually a?
A) a crystalline solid
B) an elastic solid
C) an ionic solid
D) a vitrifies liquid