You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 14
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
131) In ferns the xylem is
132) In humans, how many chromosomes does a cell have?
A) 46 (23 pairs)
B) 44 (22 pairs)
C) 42 (21 pairs)
D) 48 (24 pairs)
133) In humans, which portion of brain controls hunger, thirst and body temprature ?
D) None of these
134) In humans, which protein transports oxygen from the lungs to the rest of body ?
135) In photoelectric emission, the energy of emitted electron is
A) same as that of incident photon
B) larger than that of incident photon
C) less than that of incident photon
D) proportional to the intensity of incident light
136) In scuba-diving, while ascending towards the water surface, there is a danger of bursting the lungs due to?
A) Gay-Lussac’s law of combining volumes
B) Graham’s law of diffusion
C) Archimedes’ principle
D) Boyle's law
137) In the case of nuclear disaster, which of the following options for cooling the nuclear reactors may be adopted? 1. Pumping of water to the reactors. 2. Use of boric acid. 3. Taking out the fuel rods and keeping them in a cooling pond. Select the correct answer using the code given below:
A) 1, 2 and 3
B) 1 and 3 only
C) 3 only
D) 1 and 2 only
138) In vulcanization, natural rubber is heated with:
139) In which following processes light energy is converted into chemical energy ?
140) In which of the following activities Silicon Carbide is used ?
A) Making cement and glass
B) Disinfecting water and ponds
C) Making castes for statues
D) Cutting very hard substances