You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 16
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
151) Life originated by chemosynthesis was proved in the laboratory by
152) Linnalus is considered as the 'Father of Taxonomy' because he
A) was the First Person to classify plants
B) coined the term 'Taxonomy'
C) proposed binomial nomenclature
D) authored many books on Taxonomy
153) Liquefied Petroleum gas (LPG) consists of mainly:
A) Methane, Ethane and Hexane
B) Ethane, Hexane and Nonane
C) Methane, Butane and Propane
D) Methane, Hexane and Nonane
154) Long distance photography is facilitated by:
A) Visible light
C) Infra Red rays
D) Ultra violet rays
155) Magnetite is
156) Meson particles are found in:
C) Laser beam
D) Cosmic rays
157) Metamorphism changes rocks'
C) Both (A) and (B)
D) actual chemical composition
158) Milk,cheese and eggs are the source of vitamins?
A) A and C
B) A and D
C) A and B
D) B and C
159) Monazite is an ore of:
160) Most of the communication satellites today are placed in a geostationary orbit. In order to stay over the same spot on the Earth, a geostationary satellite has to be directly above the?
A) Tropic of Capricorn
B) Tropic of Cancer
D) Prime Meridian