You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 17
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
161) Most soluble in water is:
D) Common Salt
162) Mother’s milk is preferred to cow’s milk because it contains?
A) more lipids and less fats
B) less fats and less lipids
C) more fats and more lipids
D) more fats and less lipids
163) Mr.X was advised by an architect to make outer walls of his house with hollow bricks. The correct reason is that such walls?
A) make the building stronger
B) prevent seepage of moisture from outside
C) protect the building from lightning
D) help keeping inside cooler in summer and warmer in winter
164) Nitric acid does not react with:
165) Normal blood pressure reading of an adult human
A) 80/120 mm Hg
B) 120/80 mm Hg
C) 130/90 mm Hg
D) 160/95 mm Hg
166) Nuclear fission is caused by the impact of:
D) Both Proton and Electron
167) Of the following metals, which one pollutes the air of a big city ?
168) Of the various forms of carbon, which one is used for absorption purpose ?
D) Wood Charcoal
169) Old-written material, which cannot be read easily can be read by:
A) Cosmic Rays
B) Ultraviolet rays
C) Infra Red rays
D) None of these
170) One fathom is equal to:
A) 6 metres
B) 6 feet
C) 60 feet
D) 60 cm