You are here: Home >> GK Quiz >> General Science Set No. 36
General Science questions have been taken from previous years question papers of different competitive examinations such SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS, NDA, Bank, State PSC, Railways, MAT, CAT, etc.
351) Water is not suitable as a calorimeter substance, because it:
A) is a good conductor
B) has high boiling point
C) low latent heat of vaporisation
D) has high specific heat
352) What are soaps ?
A) Salts of silicates
B) Ester of heavy fatty acids
C) Sodium or potassium salts of heavier fatty acids
D) Mixture of glycerol and alcohol
353) What could be the function attributed to the transfusion tissue found in Cycas leaflets?
354) What does an air conditioner installed in a room control?
A) Temperature only
B) Humidity and temperature only
C) Pressure and temperature only
D) Humidity, pressure and temperature
355) What element is added to steel (which is iron with a little carbon) to make stainless steel ?
356) What is increasing order of the wave lengths of the following colours: (1) Orange, (2) Indigo, (3) Yellow, (4) Violet.
A) 1, 2, 3, 4
B) 3, 4, 1, 2
C) 4, 3, 2, 1
D) 4, 2, 3, 1
357) What is Sponge?
A) a plant
B) a fungus
C) an animal
D) a fossil
358) What is the main constituent of a Pearl?
A) Calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate
B) Calcium oxide and calcium sulphate
C) Calcium sulphate only
D) Calcium carbonate only
359) What is the popular name of Sodium Chloride ?
A) Common Salt
B) Washing Soda
C) Baking Soda
D) Epsom Salt
360) What is the scientific name of Vinegar?
A) Tartaric Acid
B) Ascorbic Acid
C) Acetic Acid
D) Lactic Acid